Finally, summer has arrived, and we can start the long slide from the longest day of the year down to the shortest. In the meantime, let’s all enjoy a nice dose of humidity, a helping of mosquitoes and those noisy pool parties put on by your idiot neighbor. “I asked you to keep it down, Stan!” Sorry, can you tell that I am already looking forward to the Fall harvest? Anyway, even with the bugs, heat and handyman projects, the Fourth of July is one of the highlights of the year. When else can you launch exploding rockets in your back yard? In the spirit of 1776, I thought it might be appropriate to suggest some American guns and gear that you can purchase leading up to our Independence Day – suck it United Kingdom. (Kidding, thank you for your friendship and support.)
As much as I wanted the Hi-Point YC-9 to be officially named and available, we are still a few weeks away from a retail debut. So you’ll have to settle for the items that are on my current wish list. If you have something you’d like to see added, please let us know in the comments section below.
Even though we still have a few weeks to go, have a happy and safe 4th everyone! And check out the American guns and gear we’ve picked out below.
TFB Fourth Of July: The Best Of American Guns And Gear
Once the most powerful handgun cartridge, the .44 Magnum still delivers a devastating punch. This classic double action/single action revolver carries five rounds and is built on the S&W L frame for continuous magnum usage. Police officers and hunters alike will attest to the strength and durability of L frame revolvers. The S&W Model 69 Combat Magnum features a 2.75″ 2-piece barrel, full-length extractor rod and fully adjustable rear sight with a red ramp front sight. It also accepts .44 Special ammo, an ideal option for a reduced recoil training ammunition.
The Aero Precision AC-15 Mid-Length Rifle chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO is a budget-friendly AR-15, that does not skimp on use of quality components and proper assembly. This “dealer” gives you the core components needed to get you started. Simply install a rear sight or optic, grab an existing magazine and go.
M4 Aero Precision Upper Receiver
- Mid-Length Gas & Barrel System
- 16” 5.56 NATO, 1:7 Twist Barrel with M4 feed ramps
- Barrel is machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel to a Government, mid-length profile, then treated with a QPQ corrosion-resistant finish
- ½-28 barrel thread pitch includes an installed A2 flash hider
- Barrel includes pinned front sight base & front sight components
- M16 Bolt/Carrier Group features 8620 steel carrier with phosphate finish & chrome lining, and has a properly-staked Gas Key
- Bolt machined from Carpenter 158 – High Pressure Tested & Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Upper includes standard carbine polymer handguards
Aero Precision Gen 2 Lower Receiver
- Flared mag well & upper tension screw
- Standard AR-15 Lower Parts Kit
- Mil-spec AR-15/M14 Buffer Kit
- Forged from 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Matte black hard anodized finish
- Lower receiver includes mil-spec M4 buttstock & A2 pistol grip
Whether you’re a first-time shooter or a longtime rimfire enthusiast, Ruger has its new Wrangler revolver that’s built as a durable, affordable plinking option for fans of the .22 LR.
Each Ruger Wrangler revolver is designed as a sweet-shooting, single-action wheelgun that’s the perfect pairing with today’s inexpensive, bulk .22 LR rimfire ammunition. The guns are constructed on an aluminum frame and feature polymer grips that anchor the design in a shooter’s hand.
- Barrel length: 4.62 inches
- Overall length: 10.25 inches
- Weight: 1.87 pounds
- Equipped with fixed sights
- Available in Black, Silver or Burnt Bronze
This Ruger Wrangler revolver features a six-round cylinder, a loading gate.
Quest confidently into your next hunt with the Ruger American® Predator rifle, thanks to the company’s combination of affordable, durable construction paired with a feature-rich design.
The Ruger American® Predator rifle comes equipped with a number of elements that make it an ideal choice for your next field firearm. The gun is equipped with a Power Bedding system designed to free-float the barrel and enhance accuracy. Other elements include a 70-degree bolt throw that easily clears mounted optics and a Marksman Adjustable Trigger that allows for a fine-tuned trigger pull.
- Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
- Barrel length: 22 inches
- Weight: 6.6 pounds
- Includes threaded barrel
Each Ruger American® Predator rifle ships with a drilled-and-tapped receiver, along with scope bases, ensuring that you can mount the optic of your choice.
The PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 is a purpose-designed magazine for rifles chambered in .300 Blackout.
Since its inception, .300 Blackout shooters have had to use a magazine designed for another cartridge, limiting its performance and compatibility.
One of the nice features of .300 Blackout is the compatibility with 5.56x45mm parts, but with the magazine it is a compromise to do so.
Due to the wide variety of projectile weights and shapes potentially decreasing overall reliability, a dedicated .300 Blackout magazine was a logical step for the PMAG line.
In addition to the performance gained by a dedicated mag, the PMAG 30 AR 300 B also offers a safer way to feed your .300 BLK rifle. When using 5.56 mags, the potential to chamber and fire a .300 BLK round in a 5.56 rifle with catastrophic results requires diligent ammunition management by the shooter.
The PMAG 30 AR 300 B’s distinct rib design provides the shooter a distinct visual and tactile difference from any other PMAG to mitigate dangerous cross-loading issues.
Along with optimized .300 BLK performance, the PMAG 30 AR 300 B brings along all of the GEN M3 features such as our next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer, aggressive front and rear texture, an easily removable slim floor plate, a paint pen dot matrix for marking and identification, and a dust/impact cover.
- Dedicated, purpose-designed magazine for rifles chambered in .300 Blackout
- Optimized internal geometry accommodates the wide variety of bullet profiles used in .300 Blackout cartridges
- Distinct rib design provides the shooter a visual & tactile difference from any other PMAGs to mitigate dangerous cross-loading
- Carries forward the physical & performance features of the rest of the Gen M3 line
Designed to bring out the best in today’s high-performance AR rifles.
- Subsonic rounds, ideal for suppressed AR rifles, feature Sierra Matchking projectiles for superior accuracy, increased downrange terminal performance, and low noise level characteristics
- Supersonic features Sierra Matchking Projectiles for superior accuracy, fl at trajectory and point of impact
- Match grade brass cases
- Both rounds run with standard 223Rem/5.56mm components including magazines
American guns and gear.We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.