Federal Premium turned a lot of heads in the ammunition industry when they came out with their original Syntech round. Those “lipstick” bullets as people called them caught a lot of eyes, and it was even more impressive once you shot them. You experience significantly less splash back when shooting steel targets, your firearm’s barrel stays cleaner, and it essentially extends your firearm’s barrel life because of the less metal-on-metal friction occurring. Now Federal Premium has taken all of those positive principles and applied it to a NEW Syntech Training Match series.
The Federal Premium Syntech Training Match rounds are meant to thump! They have similar impactfulness as a hollow-point (HP) but still boast their iconic TSJ (Total Synthetic Jacket) tip. Some of the other highlights for the Syntech Training Match ammo can be read below as presented by Federal Premium:
- Identical point of impact, velocity and trajectory as equivalent HST loads
- Extremely realistic and effective practice
- Purple jacket visually identifies matched training round
- Catalyst high-performance lead-free primer
- Total Synthetic Jacket prevents metal fouling
- Drastically reduces barrel heat and friction
- Minimizes splash-back on hard targets
To begin with, Federal is starting out with the three predicted cartridges that we would all expect of 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 Auto for shooters to choose from. A better glimpse in the velocities and price-points of those specific rounds can be read below as presented by Federal Premium:
- 9mm Luger 147 Grain TSJ | 50 Count | 1,150 FPS | AE9SJ3 | MSRP $19.95
- 9mm Luger 124 Grain TSJ | 50 Count | 1,150 FPS | AE9SJ4 | MSRP $19.95
- .40 S&W 180 Grain TSJ | 50 Count | 1,010 FPS | AE40SJ2 | MSRP $25.95
- .45 Auto 230 Grain TSJ | 50 Count | 890 FPS | AE45SJ2 | MSRP $31.95
So with another one of Federal Premium’s colorful rounds on the market with some more knockdown power to punish steel plates, what do you think? Is this something you would like to incorporate into your training regimen? Have you already shot and experienced some Syntech ammunition? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.