No, this is not the first step in decentralizing the government. Payments for NFA processing, FFL applications and other permitting requirements have moved from Bank of America in Atlanta, Georgia to U.S. Bank in Portland, Oregon. The updated forms can be found at the ATF download links listed below.
I’d say that the change appears to be somewhat inefficient: mailing forms to the West Coast that will be eventually processed on the East Coast is somewhat absurd. But seeing how this whole process should have gone paperless years go, the new routing is really the least of our concerns.
The details can be found below.
ATF NFA Processing: “We’ve Moved!” New Address For Forms
February 1, 2019
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is committed to ensuring public safety by working directly and through partnerships to assist federal firearms licensees (FFL) and federal explosives licensees and permittees (FEL/P) in complying with federal laws and regulations.
This is to advise the Federal Firearms and Explosives industry, Special Occupational and Individual National Firearms Act (NFA) taxpayers, as well as Arms Export Control Act (AECA) registrants of the change in contract lockbox services from Bank of America in Atlanta, GA to U.S. Bank in Portland, OR. The U.S. Treasury – Bureau of Fiscal Services has set an effective date of February 1, 2019, for all ATF lockboxes to transition.
Please note: Applications received at the former Atlanta, GA address after February 1, 2019, will be forwarded overnight to the new Portland, OR address for 90 days ONLY.
The following ATF forms have been updated with new mailing addresses:
- Form 1 (5320.1) – Application to Make and Register a Firearm
- Form 4 (5320.4) – Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm
- Form 7 (5310.12) / 7 CR (5310.16) – Application for Federal Firearms License
- Form 8 (5310.11) – Federal Firearms Licensee Renewal Application
- Form 5400.13/16 – Application for Explosives License or Permit
- Form 4587 – Application to Register as an Importer of U.S. Munitions Import List Articles
- Form 5630.7 – Special Tax Registration and Return National Firearms Act (NFA)
The new mailing addresses for these applications are as follows: