Magpul have introduced their 27 round, 9x19mm Glock PMAG. The PMAG 27 GL9 joins the companies Glock Series of products and joins their 10, 12, 15 and 17 round Glock magazines. The new magazine offers has optimized feed geometry, meets competition length requirements and boats PMAG reliability.
Magpul have been promising the 27 round magazine for a while. Way back in January 2016, TFB reported that Magpul were expanding their GL9 Glock Magazine series and while the 21-round magazine has been available for a while, 2019 marks the launch of the long awaited 27-rounder.
Here’s what Magpul have to say about the new 27 round magazine:
The PMAG 27 GL9 is a 27-round Glock 9mm magazine featuring our proprietary all-polymer construction for flawless reliability and durability over thousands of rounds. Meeting the overall length requirements for a 170MM competition magazine, the PMAG 27 GL9 offers additional capacity without the need for expensive extensions.
Includes a high visibility, controlled-tilt follower, a stainless steel spring, and an easily removable floorplate for cleaning. Also includes a paint pen dot matrix for magazine marking, ridged floorplate edges for better grip, and capacity indicator windows. Drops free when loaded or unloaded.
The PMAG 27 GL9 is compatible with all full-size, compact, and sub-compact double-stack Glock 9mm variants with some protrusion below the grip.
Made in U.S.A.
Magpul also provide us with a run down of the magazine’s features:
- Compatible with all 9mm double-stack Glock handguns
- Durable, lightweight, and rigid polymer construction
- High visibility, controlled-tilt follower
- Long-life stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance
- Flared, easily removable floor plate
- Dot matrix panel for magazine marking and identification
- Magazine indicator windows on both sides of body at 10, 15, 20, and 27 rounds remaining
- Drops free when loaded or unloaded
Magpul posted a video of the new mag in action on their facebook:
The PMAG 27 GL9 is now available in black, with MSRP for the magazines at $19.95. More about them over on Magpul’s site here.