Happy New Year’s to all of our readers! We are officially in 2019 and that means we are inching closer to SHOT Show everyday. While it is awesome to hear about all of the new firearms coming out every winter, it can be equally fun to posture what are the best ones already in circulation. For this installment of the Reader’s Choice voting, we take a look at some of the BEST Full-Size Striker-Fired Pistols on the market and let you decide which one is the ultimate winner. So for January we offer up to you… What is the BEST Full-Size Striker-Fired Pistol?
This is the fourth installment for Reader’s Choice Awards. Based on feedback from our Subject-Matter-Experts (you, our beloved readers) we are going to play around with the selection criteria. Many of you commented that you felt certain guns should have been included on past lists that we missed. In general:
- Each month we are going to host a poll that you can vote on
- Each month will be a different category (Optics, Revolver, Bolt Action Rifle, Concealed Carry Pistol, etc)
- The list of entries will be curated from the top sales in the preceding six months. This is solely to introduce some objectivity into it; there must be some popularity if it tops the sales list (or is horrifically expensive)
- A random winner will be picked from voters and that winner will get some swag.
- You can vote for your choice every day while the poll is running and you can earn an extra entry for telling us WHY you chose it (we will pick some of the most creative and highlight them during the results post)
- At the end of the month, we will post the winning choice (along with the other results) and the company will get some bragging rights (if they want them). They do not get a swag pack.
You, the readers, get to suggest items that should be part of this poll. Each day we will troll our own comments section and look for suggestions that have four (4) or more “upvotes,” and those will be added to the poll. Since you will be allowed to vote daily, there is always a chance that your suggestion could make it to the top!
To begin, we will attempt to establish a baseline. While Full-Size Striker-Fired Pistol is fairly explanatory by itself, we want to narrow down that field a bit. Many companies make special iterations of their staple models to include all of the best bells and whistles. For example, Glock’s full-size striker-fired pistol is their Model 17. They make a 17 MOS and a 34 MOS which boast more features, but we are trying to find staple models most people could find in store or online to add to their collection. Typically, the specialty models are more difficult to source than their staple model originals. Other than that, we as always are open to your suggestions through the Comments section. If you wholly believe some pistol we did not mention is deserving of being on the list and winning… Let us know!
Once again, please Vote daily… provide us in the Comments with your own suggestions for the MANUFACTURER and MODEL of the BEST Full-Size Striker-Fired Pistol… and entertain these manufacturers and models to start (in no specific order)…
- FN 509 9mm (MSRP $679) – 17 Round Capacity, 4″ Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel w/ Recessed Crown, Polished Chamber and Feed Ramp
- Glock Gen5 17 9mm (MSRP $699) – 17 Round Capacity, 4.49″ GMB (Glock Marksman Barrel), Improved Rifling and Crown, Flared Magwell
- Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 9mm (MSRP $599) – 15 Round Capacity, 4.25″ Armornite Finish Barrel, New M2.0 Crisp Trigger, Low Barrel Bore Axis
- Springfield Armory XD Mod.2 9mm (MSRP $565) – 16 Round Capacity, 4″ Hammer-Forged Steel Barrel, Grip Zone Texturing
- Ruger American 9mm (MSRP $579) – 17 Round Capacity, 4.2″ Barrel, Interchangeable Grip Panels, Ambidextrous Controls
- Sig Sauer P320 9mm (MSRP $679) – 17 Round Capacity, 4.7″ Barrel, Interchangeable Grip Modules and Chassis
- Beretta APX 9mm (MSRP $575) – 17 Round Capacity, Tactile Short Reset Trigger, Interchangeable Back Straps
We expect this cycle to get a little more crazy with voter contributed choices. If you want to see a pistol added to the voting list, make sure to include the Manufacturer, Model, AND caliber. Only entries with 5 or more upvotes will be included.