Welcome back, TFB holiday goers, my apologies for the brief hiatus in the 12 Days Of Christmas series here on the blog. With all the bump stock news and events this week, our Saint Nick programming was preempted by the DOJ/ATF announcements and analysis. On top of that, I now realize that you will most likely have to suffer through at least one double-dose of “12 Days” before the jolly old elf makes his way down your chimney. For that, I am sorry. As for today’s episode, bags, cases and associated range gear is not always the sexiest topic in our line of work. But even with closets full of ballistic nylon, many of us are still on the hunt for that one perfect bag.
I have used the majority of the products listed below in one version or another. As with any piece of gear, your individual use case will ultimately determine the success of your choices. As in previous days, I welcome your suggestions in the comments section below.
TFB’s 12 Days Of Christmas: Bags, Cases And Range Gear
Prometheus Design Werx DA Hoodie
The D.A. Hoodie is built from many years of experience from some of the world’s most demanding users. Perhaps most notably, our Chief Designer’s relationship with members of SOCOM who were the first very adopters of his technical apparel designs over 18 years ago. Professional wilderness guides, field researchers, explorers, overlanders to the outdoor weekender all have seen and benefitted from the design and quality virtues of his designs. This hoodie showcases a continuing evolution of a core, purpose driven design and quality ethos that drives everything we do. We created D.A. Hoodie as a goto, grab-n-go full zip technical style that performs in a wide variety conditions, use cases and features the extra functional details for the demanding user. Some of the smartly design features don’t reveal themselves until you’re actually in the field, but most importantly they are there when you need them. We’re honored and proud of the core users who have chosen to use our goods. Their lives are defined by authenticity, action, and accomplishments. That’s why were are here and who we design and create these goods for.
- Heavy Duty Construction
- 900D Polyester Material
- Urban Backpack Design with Padded Straps
- Holds four full-size hand guns, pouches for 12 boxes of Ammo, 15 elastic magazine holders, storage divider for Standard Competition Pistol Targets, and Lockable Compartments
- Large Front Compartments for Extra Storage
- Zipper Pouch for Safety Glasses
- Water Bottle Holder
- Embroidered Hackett Equipment Logo
- Size of bag – 22”H x 14”W x 7”D, Maximum capacity 28 liters, Sized to fit a 15″ laptop in addition to a full sized hand-gun
- Front of pack opens completely for mass accessibility, Insert compatible reinforced internal pocket
- Full fold, loop lined concealment draw frame enables quick access to arms and opens flat for customized organization, Dual-sized pockets feature additional storage capacity and cinch-down side pockets with elasticized straps
- Multiple internal organizational pockets, 1919 modular webbing on shoulder straps provide additional attachment points for accessories
- Zippered, side compartmental pockets on each side of bag, Hide-out convertible front flap acts as an additional load sling or stows away to real MOLLE field
- Five exterior zip pockets, three interior zip pockets
- RUGGED PROTECTION: Crushproof high-impact polymer, heavy duty handles, push button latches and stainless steel lock hasps for the ultimate in affordable firearms protection
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Cases are sealed against moisture and dust for long-term confidence in harsh conditions
- AFFORDABLE: The most rugged and durable of any cases in their class, from the most trusted name in protection
- DIMENSIONS (LWH | inches): 39.61×17.65×6.65
- WEIGHT WITH FOAM: 16.26 Lbs (7.4 kg)
Created to help covert teams maintain their cover while transporting rifles, the COVRTM4 is made from 500D and 420D nylon with a smooth 600D lining with YKKzippers and fits an M4 with a collapsed stock. Its ambidextrous cross-body shoulder strap with QuickTactaccessory strap ads functionality and features. The COVRT M4 features 5.11’s new R.A.C.(Roll-down Assault Compartment) with a web platform and loop-sided ID panel holder. Two carry handles; Internal barrel catch/muzzle trap. Main Compartment 32H x 12L x 2.5D (960 cu in) (15.73 liters); Front Compartment 19.77H x 10L x 3.6D (712 cu in) (11.67 liters).
HAZARD 4 Battle Axe Guitar-Shaped Padded Rifle Case
- Looks like a guitar case externally; Padded & organized for carbines up to AK47 length!
- Even fits most electric guitars, but has tie-downs for rifles; Plush lining is standard.
- Main compartment has locking zipper sliders; WHAT’S INCLUDED: 1x Padded divider, 2x rifle loops.
- MAIN MATERIAL: New black version: Dobby Nylon w/ PU X 2 Treatment; Coyote color: Invista 1000D Cordura w/ PU x2 Treatment; EXTERNAL SIZE: ~41.3″ L x 18.1″ W x 3.9″ D (105 x 46 x 10 cm).
- INTERNAL SIZE: ~40″ L x 4″ D (101.6 x 10.2 cm); 18″ W at base/widest part (45.7 cm); 7.5″ W at top/narrowest part (19.1 cm).