Shield Sights have introduced a new ruggedised version of their Shield RMS pistol reflex sight. The UK company have announced a version of their RMS pistol sight which can be submered for up to 30 minutes and continue to work. With a aluminium body and a sealed casing the Shield RMS-W has a battery life of up to three year.
Here’s Shield Sight’s announcement in full:
Shield Sights is pleased to announce the release and full production of the RMS-W. The RMS-W is the water-resistant and ruggedized version of the existing Shield RMS line of sights.
The Shield RMS-W is designed to resist damage from water or other harsh environmental conditions. The RMS-W is gasket sealed to create a watertight fit between the slide and the battery compartment without the need of a special mounting plate. When the sight is properly mounted it will remain watertight at depths of up to 20 meters for 30 minutes.
The RMS-W also features a newly designed frame which adds thickness to the aluminum lens housing as well as a newly designed side profile. The RMS-W will also be the first sight in the RMS line to benefit from the newly developed hard coated polymer lens. These modifications have increased flex strength of the standard RMS sight by over 80% while maintaining the original viewing window and mounting footprint. The RMS-W will fit any slide that has already been cut for the RMS, RMS-C, SMS, or Jpoint.
– The RMS-W is machined from aerospace grade aluminum
– Gasket sealed to ensure consistent waterproofing
– Increased thickness of aluminum housing
– Hard coated polymer lens to resist scratching
– Very fast automatic brightness adjustment
– Very low profile to Co-Witness standard iron sights
– 2-3 year average battery life with standard CR2032 battery
– Weight: 17.6 grams / .62 ounces battery included
The new RMS-W is available now with the option of either 4 MOA or 8 MOA dots, at an MSRP of $499.