Many of us may have forgotten about Ruger’s Collector’s Series because a new model does not come out very often. The last model to have been released to the public was back on June 19th, 2015. Each new model within this line-up of the Collector’s Series is meant to be distinctive and truly unique from their expansive current iterations of 10/22 rifles. The 3rd model from Ruger’s Collector’s Series is called Man’s Best Friend commemorating the many dogs, hunting partners, and companions in our lives. The list of components, specifications, and special additional pieces you receive with this collectible rifle can be read below, as presented by Ruger.
- Ruger Collector’s Series 10/22® carbine rifles feature a limited time, Collector’s Series bolt marking, Collector’s Series “Man’s Best Friend” Street Sign and Dog Tag, $25.00 ShopRuger.com Gift Certificate, and Collector’s Series sticker.
- Ruger® Modular Stock System with a low comb, standard length of pull module on a synthetic stock.
- Detachable 10-round rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding.
- Legendary action, a tried and true Ruger design, ensures consistent, reliable performance.
- Cold hammer-forged barrel is locked into the receiver by a unique, two-screw, V-block system.
- Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety.
- Factory-Installed One-Piece Aluminum Scope Rail
- Easy-to-use extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss removal of flush-mounted magazine.
- Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly is precision made of a high-tech material for improved manufacturing tolerances, impact and abrasion-resistance and an unmatched ability to withstand the elements.
This is a Davidson’s Exclusive for anyone who will be hunting up this rifle. The current MSRP is an affordable $399. Ruger has not specifically stated how long or how many of this rifle will be produced, but it surely will not be a full 365 days of production. The 2nd model within the Collector’s Series sold out quickly and the Man’s Best Friend model likely will, too. Ruger shared a pretty short, but concise public statement regarding this new, collectible 10/22 rifle now available to the public:
In production for over 50 years, the Ruger 10/22 has become America’s favorite .22 rifle. With proven performance, a legendary action, and a renowned, reliable rotary magazine, the 10/22 has inspired a loyal following.
While this rifle does not display any new features or technology, it is a nice rimfire package that someone could thoroughly enjoy if not simply collect. So who would be willing to jump into the Collector’s Series to purchase the 3rd model announced? Who already has the 1st two models? Who is yawning and thinking of passing? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate feedback.