Springfield Armory put everyone on notice when they finally introduced an XD(M) 10mm pistol this fall and they are likely to turn heads again with their most recent unveiling. Now available is a Springfield Armory SAINT Edge Pistol chambered in 5.56 NATO featuring a billet lower receiver. This new AR-15 pistol carries over all of the desirable characteristics of the SAINT Edge rifle into a more compact and wieldy package.
The key attributes to the Edge pistol are the robust, billet lower receiver and the highly adjustable forearm brace from Maxim Defense. The rest of the cascading list of specifications for this new pistol can be read below as provided by Springfield Armory.
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO (.223 Rem)
- Magazines: 1 – 30 Round Magpul PMAG Gen M3
- Barrel: 10.3” Lightweight Profile CMV w/ 1:8” Twist & Melonite Treatment
- Front Sight: SA Spring-Loaded Flip-Up, ½ MOA Elevation Adjustment
- Rear Sight: SA Spring-Loaded, Low-Profile, Flip-Up Dual Aperture Sight, ½ MOA Windage Adjustment
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Suppressor
- Trigger: SA Match, Single-Stage w/ Short Reset
- Upper Receiver: Forged Type III Hardcoat Anodized, 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver: 7075 T6 Billet w/ Accu-Tite™ Tension System
- Hanguard: M-LOK Aluminum SA (Patent Pending) Free-Float w/ SA Locking Tabs & Forward Handstop
- Gas System: Carbine Length, SA Low-Profile Adjustable Gas Block (0.625”)
- Receiver Extension: Integral w/ Maxim System
- Bolt-Carrier Group: Enhanced M16, Melonite, HPT/MPI 9310 Steel Bolt
- Buffer Assembly: Maxim System
- Charging Handle: SA Mid-Size
- Forearm Brace: Maxim Defense CQB, Adjustable (4 Positions)
- Safety Switch: Ambidextrous
- Trigger Guard: Integral to Receiver
- Pistol Grip: Bravo Company MOD 3
- Length: Extended 28.5” | Collapsed 24.6”
- Weight: 5 Lbs. 11 ½ Oz.
- Made in the USA
- MSRP: $1,559
While the new SAINT Edge pistol does not fall into the category of cheap, it is heavy in value for the respectable asking price. Some of the highlights are the Maxim Defense CQB forearm brace, a billet lower receiver, M-LOK free-float handguard, and proprietary Springfield Armory spring-loaded iron sights make for a solid AR-15 pistol ready for deployment out-of-the-box. Springfield Armory further elaborates on this newest offering through their growing line-up of SAINT firearm products.
GENESEO, ILL. (11/15/18) – Springfield Armory’s brand new SAINT Edge Pistol combines the most popular features of the most premium SAINT in the lineup with the compact shootability of a pistol platform…
…the compact SAINT Edge Pistol is the perfect companion for personal defense. At just 24.6” with the brace collapsed, and weighing only 5 lbs, 11.5 ounces, the newest SAINT pistol from Springfield Armory delivers a lot of power in a small package.
Many of us have handled, fired, or personally own an AR-15 pistol because of their growing popularity. The ability to have adjustable braces like the Maxim Defense CQB seen on the SAINT Edge pistol adds a whole new dimension of utility without cutting a check to the NFA for an SBR (short-barreled rifle). So what do all of you think? Put a bow on it! You want to bring one home! Or is this AR-15 pistol missing something you would want and you would pass on it? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.