Kimber has taken their feathery-light Mountain Ascent rifle and introduced a NEW Subalpine iteration. New for 2019, the Mountain Ascent Subalpine shares many of the original features and is being rolled out in 5 popular, western hunting cartridges. It actually is a blend of two rifles from Kimber, their Subalpine and Mountain Ascent individually, bringing the best qualities of each into a new package for hunters and shooting enthusiasts.
All of these new offerings carry Kimber’s “Sub-MOA Performance Guarantee,” have a 3-Position Wing Safety, and have an MSRP across the board of $2,082. Where the price is absolutely hefty the rifles themselves are quite light. Punching in at 4 Lbs. 13 Oz. for the .308 Win selection and creeping up from there, the Kimber Mountain Ascent Subalpine rifles are definitely light enough to ascend a mountain. Some other key characteristics can be read below as provided by Kimber:
- Fluted Bolt, Bolt Handle & Hollow Bolt Knob
- Full-Length Mauser Claw Extractor delivers Superior Controlled-Round Feeding & Extraction
- Muzzle Brake & Thread Protector, 7/16×28 Thread per Inch (TPI)
- Reinforced Carbon Fiber Stock in soft touch Gore Optifade Subalpine
- 24″ – 26″ Fluted Barrels
These new rifles also boast a Match-Grade quality trigger, chamber and barrel. A threaded muzzle also affords the shooter to choose whether they would like to place a muzzle brake out front for less recoil or a silencer for less noise. Another simple touch of added utility most all shooters should appreciate.
Since these rifles are meant for charging mountains and seizing the day, Kimber purposefully chose 5 cartridges perfect for that task.
- .280 Ackley Improved | .280 Ack. Imp.
- .308 Winchester | .308 Win.
- .30-06 Springfield | .30-06 Sprg.
- .300 Winchester Short Magnum | .300 WSM
- .300 Winchester Magnum | .300 Win. Mag.
Once again, the benchmarked MSRP for these new offerings are $2,082. While we are in the midst of hunting seasons for various big-game throughout the United States this time of year, do these rifles have you intrigued? Intrigued enough to pony up $2K to purchase? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below! We always appreciate your feedback.