Nemo Arms, or its expanded name of New Evolution Military Ordnance, is known for their high-end and uniquely chambered AR-15 rifles and tactical bolt-action firearms. Something they have never dabbled in before is handguns until now. They quietly announced on their website recently a NEW pistol dubbed the Monark. Following along the similar lines of being edgy, futuristic and a lot of precise machining, this pistol looks somehow familiar, but unlike anything we have ever seen before.
Does that look like an M&P slide?…
Is that the silhouette of an FN pistol?…
Could that wrap-around grip be like a Sig Sauer?…
- Lightened Stainless Steel Slide w/ Fore & Aft Cocking Serrations
- Ambidextrous Billet Steel Slide Catch
- Reversible Magazine Release
- Mini Red Dot Sight Adapter Plate System
- 5” Stainless Steel DLC Coated Barrel (Threaded or Non-Threaded)
- Single-Action Billet Trigger w/ Drop Safety & Billet Trigger Bar w/ Over-Travel Adjustment
- Billet Aluminum Frame w/ Checkering
- Suppressor Height Sights or Low Profile Sights
- Interchangeable Grip Options
- Lanyard Mount
- Flared Magwell
- 10-, 15-, 18-, 20- & 32-Round Magazine Options
- Accessory Rail
- Striker-Fire Action
- Weight 31.5 Ounces
There are 4 models that are initially being introduced, and at this time there are no MSRPs for any of them. You have your choice of a strictly black pistol, a black or FDE version with a threaded barrel, or a third selection of a black pistol boasting a threaded barrel and a Trijicon RMR. Every model has the slide cut to accept a plate system of theirs to allow for miniature red dots to be added.
In the end, you are seeing a handgun fabricated from a lot of billet steel and aluminum components with all of the tactical accessorizing you could dream of. Without knowing an openly stated MSRP yet, is this a pistol you would be willing to jump in on and purchase? It likely will not be at the fluttering $500 price-point we see Glocks and M&Ps at, but this looks to be much higher in quality. Let us know your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.