Texas Weapon Systems has launched a new line of AK direct red dot sight mounts called BDM (Bitty Dot Mount). These mounts are designed to be installed onto the rear sight block replacing the rear iron sight. The manufacturer claims that “this little red dot mount is the smallest, lightest, and beefiest on the market“.
The BDM mount is compatible with Russian and Yugo pattern AKs. The mentioned rifles must have standard rear sight blocks to accept these mounts. TWS BDM mounts have four versions designed for different sights and footprints. Here is a list of the different model designations and red dot sight compatibility:
- BDM 1 – designed for Aimpoint Micro, Primary Arms, Holosun, Vortex Sparc and other red dot sights of a similar footprint.
- BDM 2 – designed for Trijicon MRO
- BDM 3 – designed for Docter, Burris FF, and Vortex Viper/Venom
- BDM 4 – designed for Trijicon RMR
Below you can also find the key features of the Bitty Dot Mount (quoted from the manufacturer’s website):
- Large front tab with girder design is super stiff yet very light (just 1.3 oz)
- Integral rear sight follows original AK design
- Lowest possible optic mount surface for lower 1/3 co-witness
- Solidly attaches to sight block with the proven nut plate from the G3 DogLeg™ rail
- Single larger bolt secures the system, no tiny screws to strip out
- 6061-T6 Aluminum with matte hard black anodize finish
- Easy installation / no permanent mods required
- Lifetime warranty
The BDM 1 and BDM 2 models are currently available at an introductory price of $59. This sale is available until the end of the current month. Starting from November 1, the BDM 3 and BDM 4 mounts will become available, too. The regular price is identical for all versions – $75. All versions of TWS Bitty Dot Mount come with all the hardware (hinge pin with E-clip, nut plate and 8-32 x 5/16 socket head cap screw) and instructions necessary for the installation.
Images from www.texasweaponsystems.com