This is the second year that us folks in the firearm industry are celebrating October 22nd (10/22) as “Ruger Day!” by paying homage to the iconic rimfire rifle we all love. On February 23rd (02/23) we honor the .223 Rem cartridge. On March 8th (03/08) we recognize the .308 Win cartridge. So on October 22nd (10/22) it is now becoming a tradition to declare our love for the Ruger 10/22 rifle.
Ruger had this statement to provide to the public last year when the firearms community celebrated this newly anointed holiday for the 1st time:
October 22 has long held a special place in the hearts of Ruger fans nationwide for our ubiquitous 10/22®. Beginning this year, October 22 will now be declared Ruger Day! Show us how you celebrate Ruger Day by using #rugerday and #1022 in your social posts.
This year our Ruger rimfire holiday falls awfully close to their recent announcement of a Custom Shop for the public, and a special 10/22 Competition Rifle hailing from that line. This is not the only announcement they have had this year surrounding the 10/22 rifle though. In fact, it is only 1 of 9 articles that TFB has written in 2018 covering the 10/22.
- Austrian Twist Update: Topside Takedown 10/22
- BOTW: 10/22 Stainless Takedown
- NEW Radical Rimfire: Ruger 10/22 Target Lite
- Review: Thompson Center’s T/CR22 (10/22 Clone)
- Austrian Twist on a Classic: 10/22 Topside Innovation
- Brownells BRN-22 Stripped and Barreled Receivers for Ruger 10/22 Rifles
- NEW Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrels for the Ruger 10/22
- [SHOT 2018] TacSol 10/22 9″ SBR bbl, 2211 Conversion Kit, & S&W Victory Barrel
- [SHOT 2018] Archangel QBD Stock for NON-Takedown Ruger 10/22
In the humble history of TFB, we have covered the Ruger 10/22 over 120 times in our articles! That number is sure to grow in the future because this rifle is showing no signs of slowing down in its popularity. So pull out your 10/22 rifles… be a good social media maven and use all the appropriate hashtags… and hit your local gun ranges!
Post your pictures of your 10/22 in the Comments below and tell us what you love most about the Ruger 10/22. Happy Ruger Day to all of our readers out there!