The non–NFA scattergun market has boomed in just the last two years. Heck, these shot shell packers aren’t even classified as shotguns – with an overall length of 26+ inches, a smooth bore and being born without a shoulder stock, they are classified simply as firearms. Legally, shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length fall into the $200, tax stamp, fingerprints and six-month wait time category. Today we welcome a new firearm into the short barreled 12 gauge world – the Remington V3 TAC-13.
We could debate (and have) the utility of a 12 gauge firearm as a defensive weapon over a handgun or rifle ad nauseam. I’d suggest that five shells in the tube plus one in the chamber is less than optimal, you’d argue that modern buckshot loads are akin to nine rounds of .357Mag out of a small revolver. And round and round we go until finally we would just agree to disagree and you would stop calling me on my birthday.
But in the end, utility arguments aside, firearms like the new Remington V3 TAC-13 are sexy, compact and fun. Add on the fact that you can skip the NFA hoops for a short barrel and it’s easy to see why manufacturers like Remington have found a winning formula.
Details, specifications and pricing can be found below.
NEW RELEASE: Remington V3 TAC–13 Scattergun – $919 MSRP
The Remington V3 Tac-13 represents the ultimate in compact personal defense regardless of where your journey takes you. From the comfort of your own home, to the remote wilderness the V3 Tac-13 offers the assurance that no matter what you encounter in the world you will have adequate means to defend yourself or those you love from any threat.
- BIRDSHEAD PISTOL GRIP – Allows for more ergonomic hold to help control the firearm and reduce recoil for the shooter.
- HAND STRAP – User adjustable to help control muzzle flip and improve handling characteristics.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM RECEIVER – For easy, comfortable transport anywhere.
- 13″ LIGHT CONTOUR BARREL – Compact and easy to carry anytime its needed
- RELIABLE FEEDING – Gas system optimized to run common light field loads or full power buck and slug and anything in between
- LOW RECOIL – Patented Versaport gas system is self regulating and offers very manageable recoil in a compact package
Thanks for the tip, David!