When it comes to the highly modular platform that is the modern day AR-15 it is pretty easy to get tooo tactical or tacti-cool. I know, I said it, but it is true. Sometimes it is best to hit the range with just the bare essentials. No crazy over-engineering or fancy tactics that require calculus and a kestrel. That is where Falkor Defense is coming from with their NEW “The Standard AR-15” chambered in .223 Wylde.
While many people are trying to one-up their range buddies with the flashiest and wildest AR-15 they can assemble, Falkor Defense went the opposite way. They set out to create a great AR-15, but with only the components and quality you minimally need to complete most any task. The complete build-out of what “The Standard AR-15” would look like can be read below as presented by Falkor Defense.
- FALKOR Defense 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum Receiver Set w/ Mil-Spec Style Controls
- 13.5” OAL Transition Handguard
- 16” .223 Wylde BA Hanson 416r SS Barrel
- Mid-Length Gas System w/ 1:8” Twist Rate
- VG6 Epsilon 5.56 Muzzle Brake
- FALKOR Defense High Pressure 5.56 Black Nitride Bolt Carrier Group
- FALKOR Defense MACH 15 Charging Handle
- Griffin Armament M2 Sights
- MFT Battlelink Minimalist Stock
- Griffin Armament C2E QD Endplate
- 6-Position Mil-Spec Receiver Extension
- H2 Carbine Buffer
- Enhanced Mil-Spec Nickel Boron Trigger Group
- Radian Weapons Talon Ambidextrous Safety Selector
- Hogue Pistol Grip
- Weight: 6.35 Lbs. (Unloaded, No Magazine)
- Length: 33.5” (Stock Collapsed)
- MSRP: $1,599
After reading a specification list like that which includes a billet machined receiver set and many other hand-selected or crafted parts the MSRP of $1,599 begins to make more sense. Although, that price-point still stings my eyes. To further drive home the point of having the bare necessities, Falkor Defense provides this extremely concise public statement:
The latest in FALKOR Rifle Technology, tastefully distilled down to just the basics. Everything you need. Nothing you don’t.
For our more innocent readers out there, that hashtag at the end stands for “basic as fudge.” Simply meaning this is meant to be a no frills rifle, but everything you would essentially need.
So you have read our article… seen the build-out list for this rifle… witnessed the price-point… and saw a huge dude run around with it while doing crazy fitness stuff… all things considered, are you a buyer? Let us know your comments, questions and thoughts in the Comments below!