Makers of the now iconic MK18 URG (Upper Receiver Group) in use by U.S Special Operations Forces for many years, Daniel Defense will be holding a live DIY event on June 14, 2018 at 7P EST. Viewers will be able to watch the experts properly assemble a MK18 URG, ask questions and pickup tips along the way. At the conclusion of the event, one lucky member of the virtual audience will win a Daniel Defense RIS II.
Clone builders: Frustrated at the lack of supply of a proper FDE MK18 RIS II? Your time has come. Limited quantities of both the MK18 and M4A1 RIS II rails will be available for purchase at the conclusion of the event. Like a RUSH concert in the ‘80s, I’m already standing in line for tickets. The line forms behind me.
Links and information can be found below.
DANIEL DEFENSE DIY LIVE: Build A MK18 URG
Our June 14th live DIY event will be centered around the RIS II Rail System, which will be made available to consumers as the broadcast concludes. You’ve been asking for us to offer these coveted handguards, fielded by USSOCOM, for some time. We’ve listened and are happy to announce we’re offering LIMITED QUANTITES of the MK18 and M4A1 RIS II Rail Systems. In addition, we’ll be offering A4 upper receiver assemblies for a limited time. During this event, we’ll demonstrate how to build a complete MK18 upper receiver group. Afterward, you’ll have the option to purchase the parts to build your own. Best of all, during this live broadcast we’ll give participants the chance to WIN a RIS II!
Daniel Defense manufactures the highest quality complete AR15 upper receivers on the market today! Every Daniel Defense upper is painstakingly hand assembled, quality assurance tested, and test fired to ensure that the highest quality product makes it to the hands of our customers. The Daniel Defense M4 URG, MK18 comes complete with bolt carrier group and charging handle, 10.3″ Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, RIS II MK18 Rail System in Black or Flat Dark Earth, and Daniel Defense low profile gas block.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 10.3″ Government Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense RIS II MK18, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels Made from Santoprene, Heat Resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!