The Arex Rex Zero 1 has made quite a splash since first getting into consumer’s hands. Touted and often proven as being more durable than comparable Sig pistols through countless endurance and mud trials, it is a definite hit with hammer-fire fanatics. Now to ride the popular wave of optic and suppressor ready pistols, a Rex Zero 1 Tactical is finally becoming available in the United States courtesy of Fime Group.
To begin with, the Rex Zero 1 Tactical will be available in 8 different variations. Consumers will have their pick of one compact option and 7 full-size choices with varying finishes and grip potentials. Those choices can be read below:
- Smoke Grey w/ Black Grips | 4.9″ Full Size | 20 Round Mags
- FDE w/ Black Grips | 4.9″ Full Size | 20 Round Mags
- Black w/ Black Grips | 4.9″ Full Size | 20 Round Mags
- Black w/ Black Grips | 4.5″ Compact | 17 Round Mags
- Black w/ Hogue G10 Black Mascus Grips | 4.9″ Full Size | 20 Round Mags
- Black w/ Hogue G10 Dark Earth Mascus Grips | 4.9″ Full Size | 20 Round Mags
- FDE w/ Hogue G10 Black Mascus Grips | 4.9″ Full Size | 20 Round Mags
- FDE w/ Hogue G10 Dark Earth Mascus Grips | 4.9″ Full Size | 20 Round Mags
The MSRP varies for these 8 different Rex Zero 1 Tactical pistols from $869 – $929. All of them come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty for the original purchaser of the firearm. Some highlights of the specs for these guns can be read below as well.
- 4.9″ or 4.5″ Threaded Barrel w/ Thread Protector (1/2″ x 28 T.P.I.)
- Two 20-Round or Two 17-Round Magazines
- Raised, High Profile White Dot Steel Sights
- Rex Optics Ready (ROR) – 4 Plates for Optics Attachment
- Ambidextrous Safety & Magazine Release
- Hard Anodized T7075 Aluminum Frame from Solid Bar Stock w/ Steel Locking Block Insert
- Nitro-Carburized Steel Slide from Solid Bar Stock w/ Forward Cocking Serrations & Full Length Slide Rails
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel from Solid Bar Stock & Nitro-Carburized
- Large Trigger Guard for use w/ Gloves
- Approved for All Commercial SAAMI Specification +P Ammunition
For those unfamiliar with the brand of Arex pistols, Fime Group is the sole importer of these firearms in the U.S. and Fime Group is based out of sunny Las Vegas, Nevada. Arex hales from Slovenia and first began offering pistols in the US back in 2016.
Arex goes on to elaborate more about the Rex Zero 1 Tactical pistols in this public statement they provided:
The Rex Zero 1T complies with strict military standards for reliability and has passed extreme temperature, hostile environment, and drop tests. The expected service life for the pistol exceeds 30,000 rounds.
The Rex Zero 1T is a high-performance handgun. It is equipped with the ROR (Rex optics ready) which are 4 plates for optical mounting. In numerical order, these are the compatible optics: (1) Trijicon, (2) C-More, (3) Shield / Jpoint, and (4) Eotech/ Vortex/ Burris / Docter / Insight / Meopta.
The pistol comes with two 20-round magazines and a threaded barrel. Its ambidextrous safety and magazine release allows the user for quick control in any situation. The slide is constructed from nitrocarburized steel featuring a front serration for convenient racking.
Finally, to see some of their manufacturing processes in action (which is truly artful and something to behold), check out this YouTube video as well. Welcome to the United States Rex Zero 1 Tactical pistols! We’re glad you could make it!