In what is becoming one of the most revitalized cartridges in the firearms industry, Ruger has announced their newest GP100 Match Champion chambered in 10mm Auto. This comes off the heels of Ruger unveiling a Super Redhawk in 10mm Auto at SHOT Show 2018. Now as we head into NRA Show 2018 we have another unique revolver added to the fold.
The GP100 Match Champion is acknowledged as being one of Ruger’s best revolvers and the closest model to custom shop quality in a standard, catalog configuration.
What typifies this revolver from so many others is the Hogue Hardwood Stippled grips and the Fiber Optic Front Sight. Both of which are eye-catching, but also add a lot of utility and accuracy as well.
Ruger further outlines what makes this revolver worth potentially adding to your collection.
The GP100 Match Champion in 10mm Auto stands out against other revolvers with its polished and optimized internals, a centering boss on the trigger and centering shims on the hammer to produce a smooth double-action trigger pull and crisp and consistent let-off. Together, the adjustable rear sight and quick-change fiber optic front sight create a great sight picture for rapid acquisition on both plates and targets. With its factory-tuned action and ergonomic enhancements, The Match Champion delivers fast, accurate shots and takes the popular GP100 to the next level.
The complete specification list and expanded details as provided by Ruger can be read below. With this laundry list of specs, features and benefits you can get yourself a Ruger GP100 Match Champion in 10mm Auto at the retail price of $969.
- Grips: Hogue Stippled Hardwood
- Front Sight: Fiber Optic
- Barrel Length: 4.2″
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 6 Rounds
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Twist Rate: 1:16″ Right-Hand
- Rifling: 6-Groove Channel
- Finish: Satin Stainless
- Overall Length: 9.5″
- Weight: 37 Ounces
- NOT California or Massachusetts Approved
- Triple-Locking Contoured Cylinder is Locked into the Frame at the Front, Rear & Bottom for more Positive Alignment & dependable operation Shot after Shot & enables easy Re-Holstering
- Ejector & Chamber Mouths have a Light Chamfer to aid in Loading
- Patented Grip Frame Design easily accommodates a wide variety of Custom Grips
- Takedown of Integrated Sub-Assemblies requires no Special Tools & allows for Easy Maintenance & Assembly
- Patented Transfer Bar Mechanism provides an unparalleled measure of Security against Accidental Discharge
- Custom Hogue® Hardwood Grip w/ Stippled Sides permits an Ideal Grip for Competition Shooting
- Half-Lug 4.2″ Barrel delivers Lively Handling for Quick Transition between Targets & also features an 11° Target Crown for Competitive-Level Accuracy
- Polished & Optimized Internals, a Centering Boss on the Trigger & Centering Shims on the Hammer produce a Smooth Double-Action Trigger Pull & a Crisp & Consistent Let-Off
- Ships w/ Three (3) Full Moon Clips that act as both a Speed Loader for the 10mm Auto rounds & aid in the Ejection of the Spent Cartridges
As we get closer and closer to NRA Show every day this week, will this be Ruger’s only new firearm announced?… Time will soon tell.
Do you happen to already own a Ruger GP100 Match Champion?… If so, let us know your thoughts in the comments below!