Looking for an extreme long range rifle scope?
March Optics got you covered with their new model Genesis, which offers a 6x-60×56 with a reticle in the First Focal Plane. According to their own claims, this is the highest zoom ratio and FFP magnification in the world.
The scope has been in R&D for over two years and was shown at IWA in Germany for the first time.
Below you can find March’s own description of their system:
GENESIS – An evolution of scope technology and design – the dawn of a new era for extreme long range shooting.
The concept of Genesis was born late 2016 by a group of world championship winning shooters and operators to have a scope that could be used to shoot in excess of two miles without external influences. The chief engineers of DEON Optical Design took on the challenge and produced several prototype designs which were tested extensively on three continents.
Eventually, together with the brilliance of DEON, they have produced a truly ground breaking and evolutionary scope. The first of a kind design. A new beginning. A Genesis.
The Genesis will extend the accuracy capability of modern rifles without the need for modifications including inclined rails, adjustable mounts, or prism systems. The Genesis ELR rifle scope offers up to 400 MOA of elevation, which will allow the shooter to shoot from 10 yards up to 3 miles.
The Genesis uses first focal plane technology where the reticle is always true at any power. The unique design of this scope allows the shooter to always see through the central part of the lens producing clarity, definition, and minimal chromatic aberration as opposed to other scopes when extreme elevation is used, even on 400 MOA!
Also incorporated into Genesis is the already proven High Master lens system (by DEON) which utilities a super ED Lens with high refractive glass which offers very high resolution and natural colour right to the edge of the image.
The Genesis Features:
– 400 MOA of total elevation travel with Zero-set feature (300 up, 100 down) and 150 MOA of total windage travel (75 MOA left and right)
– 50 MOA per turn on each turret. 1/4 MOA clicks
– 6x-60×56 First Focal Plane. Highest zoom ratio and FFP magnification in the world
– Integral Picatinny mounting points on the main frame
– High Master lens system with 56 mm objective.
– Wide angle eyepiece with 25 degrees apparent field of view. 21.8 feet at 100 yards (low- 6x). 2.18 feet at 100 yards (high-60x)
– Side focus / Parallax from 10 yards to infinity
– Eye relief 67-82mm and Exit pupil (low) 3.3mm and (high) 0.93mm
– Reticle FMA-MT* for ELR (*nb: MIL system and reticle coming later)
– Central gimbal system and slider bearings with main frame (worldwide patents pending)
– Weight 1.5 KG
GENESIS comes with Sun shade, Flip caps, Zoom ring lever, Hex key and a Spare battery.
YouTube: This is a brief demonstration and discussion of the features of the new MARCH Genesis ELR scope. This is by Stuart Elliott and Doc Beech during the official release and announcement at IWA trade show in Germany 2018
Sorry, I could only find guesstimates of the the price.
If you want to zoom-in on the details, please check their pdf.
I’m no expert in optics, but 60 power zoom in a 56 mm lens opening should mean that the exit hole is only 0,93 mm. That’s 1/32 inch, which is kind of restricting if you’re trying to look at something which is far, far away. It would be interesting to see it with my own eyes, but it’s probably going to be a while before I get the chance.