Leupold first put on display their Mark 5HD scopes at SHOT Show 2018’s Industry Day at the Range which TFB checked out in person. Leupold makes two offerings currently of the Mark 5HD with one being a 5-25x56mm and the other a 3.6-18x44mm. Both of these models can be purchased with your choice of 6 different distinct reticles: TMR, TMR (Illuminated), CCH, H-59, Tremor 3 and Tremor 3 (Illuminated).
These Mark 5HD scopes have a thorough laundry list of features that look to extend the range and daylight hours that shooters may deploy them.
- 1/10th MIL Click Windage & Elevation Adjustments
- 35mm Maintube for Unparalleled Windage & Elevation Adjustment Travel
- Versatile Magnification Range offers a Wide Field of View at Low Power & Precise Target Identification at High Power
- Crafted from 6061-T6 Aircraft Quality Aluminum
- Exterior Lens Surfaces treated w/ DiamondCoat 2™, an Ion-Assist Lens Coating, for Higher Light Transmission & the Greatest Level of Abrasion Resistance Leupold has ever offered.
- DiamondCoat 2™ has the Additional Advantage of Assisting in Light Transmission, for Greater Brightness, Clarity & Contrast & will prove its worth in the Wildest Places on Earth
- All Leupold® Optics offer Performance that makes them Equally at Home in Hunting or Tactical Environments, thanks to their Outstanding Accuracy, Legendary Ruggedness & Absolute Waterproof Integrity
- Durable, Flip-Open Lens Covers
- Reticle Magnifies along w/ the Image, so you can Estimate Range at all Magnification Settings. These Reticles are ideal in Tactical Situations, yet also provide Greater Accuracy of Range Estimation for Hunters & Target Shooters
- Side Focus Parallax Adjustment for Fast, Easy Parallax Focusing from any Shooting Position
- Light Management means delivering Usable Light to your Eye & forming a Crisp, High Contrasting Image. Lens Coatings are applied that maximize Light Transmission in Blue & Red & Balancing Colors to develop the highest possible Contrast. Glare is controlled w/ Special Mechanical Structures. This means you can see Antler Tines in Dark Shadows long after the Competition has gone Home
- Absolute Waterproof & Fogproof Integrity: Ready for a Lifetime in the Field, in all Conditions
These scopes have MSRPs ranging from $2,399 – $3,639 depending on the magnification range and reticle you choose. Some final statements given by Leupold regarding the Mark 5HD can be read below.
Pick up a Mark 5HD™ and you’ll feel the difference: it’s up to 20 ounces lighter than other scopes in its class. Get behind one and you’ll see the difference, from the superior edge-to-edge clarity and extreme low-light performance, to the versatility of the Combat Competition Hunter reticle. With three revolutions of elevation adjustment, the Mark 5HD was built to max out the performance of the latest long range rifles and ammo. Ergonomically designed with more tactile, audible click adjustments, larger numbers, and a high-speed throw lever so you can put accurate fire downrange faster.