Aimpoint at SHOT Show – so what’s the big news?
Not much really in terms of big news – but the small news there was seem to have escaped the World unnoticed. Until now that is.
As you can see in the pictures there is a new Aimpoint T2 in Ceracote Flat Dark Earth.
This was sold during SHOT Show and all the 1,000 pieces of the Limited Edition were sold the first day on the SHOT Show Range Day.
Serial Number LTD 0001, Micro T-2 2 MOA.
Below : The Aimpoint Micro T-2 flyer for the Limited Availability in Flat Dark Earth (H-267), P/N 200198. MSRP is 1,011.00 USD.
As you can see the riser, body and battery compartment are in FDE.
Below you can see the winner of the First World Shoot IPSC Rifle in Russia 2017, in Semi-Auto Open division. Mr. Teemu Rintala from Finland, World Champion! TFB had to settle for a Bronze medal in Open Manual (author).
TFB did an interview with IPSC Shooter Teemu Rintala already in 2016, but it’s still worth a read.
As well as his take on magnified optics. (note how the Aimpoints are used on the Spuhr mount)
And here you can read more about the World Shoot IPSC Rifle 2017.
Jonas of Aimpoint Sweden demonstrating the T-2 Flat Dark Edition.
The FDE blends into the background.
There’s a lot of sun in the Nevada Desert.
Barrett AR15, pretty nice shooter actually.
MagPul Flat Dark Earth
A shade darker than flat dark earth. Notice: Flat Dark Earth (H-265) and MagPul Flat Dark Earth (H-267) are very similar in color and in some cases H-265 may be a closer match to MagPul’s OEM Flat Dark Earth color.
The specifications of the Aimpoint Micro T-2 are the same as before:
The Aimpoint Micro T-2 redefines everything you thought you knew about compact red dot sights. Cutting edge lens coatings radically improve the shape and clarity of the 2 MOA red dot and physical protection has been added for even more ruggedness.
We listened to feedback coming from hard-core customers desiring an even more hard core Micro sight. With a redesigned and reinforced house body, as well as flip-up covers protecting the lenses, the Aimpoint® Micro T-2 can withstand all types of environmental conditions.
At the same time, we decided to improve upon the optical performance of the sight which results in a new lens and an important breakthrough in reflective lens coatings. This makes the Micro T-2 and the 3XMag magnifier a fantastic optical combination.
- Advanced optical lenses for even better light transmission
- Front Flip-up lens cover is included
- Transparent rear Flip-up lens cover is included
- Reinforced protection of the turrets for even greater ruggedness
- Ideal for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachine guns, and handguns
- Weight 3.7 oz. (105g) including mount, sight only 3.0 oz. (84g)
- 1X (non-magnifying) parallax free optic
- Compatible will all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
- 1 Off position, 4 night vision compatible settings and 8 daylight settings – one extra bright for use with laser protection glasses or in bright desert sunlight
- Integral Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment to any rail
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- Available in 2 MOA dot size
- Hard anodized non-reflective finish
- Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
- Use as a standalone sight or piggybacked on larger magnifying, thermal, or night vision optics
Below you can find Aimpoint’s press pictures:
So you want one?
Apparently most if not all of the 1,000 pcs. of T-2 Micros in FDE seem to have sold in the first day at SHOT. Ask your dealer, they might have one on stock but Aimpoint do not at this time.
Still want one?
There is hope. After the summer of 2018 Aimpoint will have a production line where products like this can be produced (read painted) in a more effective manner. The T-2 FDE will be back in stores in a while, and if I may guess there will be more models to use this Ceracote and possibly other colors too.
Which colors would you be interested in?
IWA in Germany is also about to start in just a few days time, and there might be some more news from Aimpoint then.