Daniel Defense has a history of manufacturing marvelous rifles and has even produced a few pistols. Their newest introduction like all others is made in the USA, but also melds a Law Tactical Folding Adapter as an additional upgrade. This pistol is the DDM4V7 P, and it has aptly received that name because it is a pistol iteration of their DDM4V7 rifle.
This pistol is chambered in either .300 Blackout or 5.56mm. The retail pricing of the several offerings available are as follows:
- DDM4V7 P 5.56mm | Type III Hard Coat Anodized Black | MSRP $1,679
- DDM4V7 P .300 Blackout | Type III Hard Coat Anodized Black | MSRP $1,679
- DDM4V7 P 5.56mm | Mil-Spec+ Dark Brown Cerakote Finish | MSRP $1,847
- DDM4V7 P .300 Blackout | Mil-Spec+ Dark Brown Cerakote Finish | MSRP $1,847
- DDM4V7 P 5.56mm | Law Tactical Upgrade – Anodized Black | MSRP $1,942
- DDM4V7 P .300 Blackout | Law Tactical Upgrade – Anodized Black | MSRP $1,942
All of the upper and lower receivers are CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum which is a benchmark for most manufacturers. It is also important to note that this is a pistol; therefore, there is no NFA Tax Stamp required. It has nearly all the utility of an SBR, but no $200 check to Uncle Sam or wait time.
The rest of the specifications for this new category of pistols is outlined below as described by Daniel Defense.
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec w/ Enhanced Flared Magazine Well & Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec w/ Indexing Marks & M4 Feed Ramps
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: AR Pistol Receiver Extension
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 10.3″ S2W Profile, Chrome Lined & Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
- GAS SYSTEM: Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel w/ Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Pistol Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH S/S, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- HANDGUARD: MFR 9.0 M-LOK, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- BRACE: SB Tactical SOB Pistol Stabilizing Brace
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer w/ Soft Touch Over-Molding
- FINISH: Mil-Spec + Cerakote
Within the last few years, AR-15 pistols are no longer becoming a “build only” option for shooting enthusiasts. More and more household, name-brand manufacturers like Daniel Defense are creating factory packages to tempt our wallets with.
So with the features, quality and pricing presented by the DDM4V7 P, would you buy one?…
Sound off in the comments! We would love to hear your thoughts.