Ed Brown Products, Inc. announced the company is now manufacturing a new 9mm 1911-style pistol called the FX1. According to the company, the FX1 is the company’s “most cutting-edge and innovative 9mm [pistol] to date.”
This new pistol uses a Government sized frame with a Commander length slide. The barrel is 4.25″ long, and the gun feeds from single stack, 9 round magazines.
While the Ed Brown gun can be ordered with a wide range of customizations, here are some of the common features in this gun:
- accessory rail for light or laser
- slide cuts in the top of the slide
- United States of America flag serration pattern on rear, right side of slide
- new FX1 Snakeskin front strap treatment
- recessed slide stop
- flush barrel with recessed crown
- a one piece magwell
- choice of front fiber optic sight with U-notch rear sight or Trijicon RMR
Two finish options are standard. One is called Industrial, which is a brushed stainless finish. The second option is Dirty Olive Gen4. With an empty magazine, the non-RMR version of the gun weighs about 40 ounces.
The base price with the Industrial finish is $3,875 and, depending on your customizations, prices go up from there. For example, the Ed Brown FX1 with a RMR installed and a Dirty Olive finish goes for $4,635.