Practical Shotgun competition is probably as much fun as you can have. Imagine pistol distances, but with steel targets that fly when you hit them, or clays that disintegrate as the bird shots hit them. With the odd buck shot or slug station here and there.
I run a Molot Vepr 12, but everyone in the semi-auto standard or manual standard have a need for a rig to keep those 12 gauge shots as close as and as convenient possible.
Potentially even an Open shooter without a box magazine or a speed loader could have a use for this, but they are rare (if they even exist).
EZLOAD from the United Kingdom has a new solution:
EZLOAD NXTGEN is a fully self-adjusting rapid loading rig that accepts all common shell lengths. allows the shooter to flexibly use the ammunition by grabbing 2s or 4s without disturbing the next load.
- Top shell grab area is smooth and uncluttered, ensuring a secure grab
- Integrated Stainless steel springs in a protected housing offers a compact and streamlined design.
- Rear adjustment area to tweak the spring loaded sweetspot depending on the shooters ammo choice
- Velcro or Tec-Lok attachment points.
- Very strong magnets securely holds the shells in place during explosive movements and at the same time release is easy when needed.
- Fully anodised coating
Apart from the rig, you also need a belt to build your competition rig. The EZLoad Shotgun competition belt is works as such and – according to the manufacturer – makes carrying 40+ shotgun rounds effortless and comfortable.
The outer layer of the belt comes with Velcro so you can place it depending on your preference.
The EZload Nxtgen cost from around 180 USD to 420 USD and the belt is about 55 USD.
See more at https://www.ezload.co.uk/