Those who own MP5 or variants roller delayed guns may go through a decision process regarding sights and optics. Stay with the classic drum sights, add a claw mounted rail, or have a builder weld on a rail section for optics mounting. But because of the side charging action of H&K subguns, a forward top rail is not an option. However, Midwest Industries now offers a claw top rail with forward MLOK accessory slots for lights, lasers and other small accessories.
For just over $100, the add on system looks well made and solid, with a friction-type slot that holds the front sight post. However, I’d like to see a few mounting solution images to show any possible interference with the charging handle or flex when operating a weaponlight.
We’ll keep an eye out for additional information. For now, details, specifications and pricing can be found below.
- Easy no gunsmith install, all tools included
- Allows the user to mount an optic and a light or laser while retaining the factory handguard
- Forward M-LOK slot allows mounting of additional accessories
- Patent pending rock solid design
- Weight 4.6 oz
- Constructed of 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service
- 100% Made in the U.S.A., 922R Compliant
- MI Lifetime Warranty
- MSRP: $110-$125 (est)