Ruger no longer has the expansive caliber selection they used to in their No. 1 line-up of single-shot rifles, but they are not letting this model go away permanently either. Ruger recently announced they are chambering their Sporter model in .450 Marlin for those who love a caliber that thumps!
Ruger had these comments to say about the new caliber introduction:
No.1 Sporter in .450 Marlin: The classic No.1 Sporter is now chambered in the powerful .450 Marlin cartridge. A short 20″ barrel mated to the short, single-shot No.1 action combine to make a quick-handling rifle that is easy to carry.
Like all of the Ruger No. 1 single-shot rifles, it has a host of features tailored to not only hunters, but shooters as well.
- Strong, Simple, Compact Falling-Block Breech Mechanism w/ Artillery-Style Breechblock & Under-Lever is ideally suited to Today’s Powerful Cartridges
- Sliding Tang Safety provides instant Security, Visibility & Accessibility
- Robust & Sturdy, Sculptured Receiver forms a Rigid Support for Barrel, Stock & Sliding Breech Block
- Patented Ruger Scope Mounting System w/ Quarter-Rib Integral Scope Bases that never shoot loose & accommodate Ruger Scope Rings (Included FREE w/ each Rifle)
- Ejector Mechanism provides Maximum Leverage at the point where the Ejector engages the Cartridge Case & can be adjusted to provide Extraction only
- Sporting-Style Recoil Pad, Grip Cap & Sling Swivel Studs
The MSRP of this variation of the No. 1 retails for $1,499. This model can be viewed on Ruger’s website if it trips your trigger and the complete specification sheet can be read below.