Diamondhead USA’s most popular handguard is their VRS-T-556 series of free-float rails. To keep in line with current trends within the firearms industry they now have their VRS-T-556 available in an M-LOK configuration.
This is free-float handguard has an angled front that gives the sleek illusion that a standard 16″ AR-15 is longer than it really is. This curb appeal, matched with its functionality of being able to accept M-LOK compatible attachments, gives the VRS-T-556 all the elements of a winning handguard.
The essential rundown of specifications for those who are unfamiliar with Diamondhead USA’s VRS-T-556 is as follows:
- Designed to give a Factory Installed Appearance to the Rifle
- Proprietary Replacement Barrel Nut included w/ Rail that allows for Easy Installation & Elimination of Barrel Nut Timing Issues
- Mounts on Barrels w/ Low Profile Gas Block or can replace Fixed Front Sight (using basic punch & hammer) w/ a Low Profile Gas Block (not included)
- Sturdy, Lightweight Free Float Design
- Improves Accuracy & provides Exceptional Airflow to keep Barrel Cooler
- Comfortable Rounded Triangular Shape
- Flush mounted Picatinny Top Rail giving a Monolithic Appearance
- Configured for M-LOK accessories on Sides & Bottom
- Lightning-Fast Configuration Changes
- Uninterrupted Mounting Surface for Optics or Other Accessories
- Improves Comfort & Ease of Shooting
- Customize for Specific Applications
- Proprietary Clamping System for Rigid, Secure Attachment
- Mil-Spec Type III Anodized 6061 Aluminum Construction
- Combat Durable
You can order it in one of 3 different rail lengths: 10.25″, 13.5″ and 15″ in length. The MSRP for the various handguard lengths is $169 – $189.