Zenith and MKE have been busy. While earlier this week we discussed the new Z-43P rifle, today we can relay the announcement of a 9mm roller delayed carbine. Sporting (get it) a 16.1” barrel and the apppropriate number of U.S. made parts, the Z-5 is 922r compliant firearm. Meaning it can be imported and sold as a rifle and not a pistol.
In this configuration you are just $200 and a wait away from a more traditional looking HK style gun. Details, pricing and specifications can be found below.
Aside from its longer barrel (16.1 inches) and configuration as a 922r compliant rifle, the Zenith Z-5 Rifle is dimensionally and operationally identical to a Z-5RS. A good option for those who would like to own a Z-5RS SBR, but are not willing to incur the expense or hassle of registration, this rifle comes equipped with a US-made 3-lug-mounted flash hider, a US-made tropical wide forearm, a US-made hammer, trigger, and sear, and a US-made A2-style fixed stock.
The Z-5 Rifle is covered by a five-year warranty, and it ships in a 42-inch Plano All Weather Rifle Case with three magazines, a Picatinny optics rail, a military-style sling, two extra takedown pins, a boresnake and Slip 2000 cleaning oil.
- Caliber – 9×19 mm Parabellum
- OA Length – 34.5 inches
- Barrel Length – 16.1 inches
- Barrel – cold hammer forged 32 chrome molybdenum vanadium
- Weight (Empty) – 7 pounds
- Operation – semi-automatic, roller-delayed blowback
- Twist Rate – 1:9.8
- Sights – rear drum for elevation and windage, front protected post
- Capacity – 30
- Colors – black
- Includes – Z-5 Rifle with Plano carry case, factory cleaning kit, two (2) extra take-down pins,
- Picatinny style optics rail, military style sling, three (3) magazines, and 5-year warranty
- Additional – barrel has 3-lug quick attachment and 1/2×28 threaded end
- Made in Turkey by MKE
- ITEM # MKZ5R00009BK