Busy days for IWI, new Tavor 7 and now a new line of striker based pistols called Masada.
On Thursday TFB published a series of photos that IWI had dropped to tease us and we now have more details to confirm our guesswork.
The IWI Masada is a 9×19 mm polymer framed striker-fired pistol developed in order to provide an advanced solution to the modern battlefield requirements.The barrel is low profile to allow for reduced recoil.
The body has a glass-reinforced polymer frame.
The controls are fully ambidextrous and the Masada comes with 3 interchangeable pistol grip wraps o fit a wide variety of hand sizes.
The Masada trigger has an average pull from 5.5 to 7 lb., and IWI describes it as clean and crisp with a positive reset. The trigger has a built-in trigger safety, and the Masada will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. There is no need to pull the trigger in order to field strip the weapon.
Below: There’s not a lot of water in the Desert, but if there was the Masada works anyways.
The pistol can be provided with or without manual safety.
The barrel is polygonal rifled, cold hammer forged with a 1:10 RH twist rate.
There is an optional fixed 3-dot tritium illuminated Meprolight night sight.
The Masada magazines are 17+1, just as we guessed.
The IWI Masada pistol will be available in four colors: Sniper Gray, OD Green, Black, and Flat Dark Earth, great company for your Tavor rifle.
IWI Masada Features:
- Striker-fired pistol
- Easy racked slide with improved front and rear cocking serrations
- External extractor integrated with a tactile and visual loaded chamber indicator
- Cold hammer-forged polygonal rifled barrel
- Integral MIL-STD 1913 picttiny rail
- 17+1 rds. black magazines with visible round count
- Fixed 3-dot Tritium illuminated night sights (optional)
- 100% interchangeability, with an interchangeable trigger mechanism housing that reduces maintenance and life cycle costs
Optimized ergonomic design:
- Clean and crisp trigger reset with a built in trigger safety
- Fast, easy and safe disassembly without the need to pull the trigger
- Combat-style sights, optional: fixed 3-dot tritium sights
- Low barrel axis for reduced perceived recoil
- 3 Interchangeable wrap around back-straps – S, M, L
- Large trigger guard for use with or without gloves
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Fully ambidextrous operating controls: Slide stop lever, Magazine release, Manual Safety (by special order)
The technical data:
Barrel length (mm): 104 (4.1″)
Total length (mm): 189
Weight (approx. Kg) (w/o magazine): .650
Yes, there’s a video as well: IWI Masada Striker-Fired Pistol
The pistol will be available to our customers from Q1/18. We do not have a price.
Now the IWI Masada has a page of its own, check it out here: http://iwi.net/masada/