The Springfield Armory SAINT has found considerable attention and buyers in what is a very soft modern sporting rifle market. First, introduced with a Keymod forearm. Then, offered with a free-float M-LOK handguard as to not ignore the M-LOK fan base. Last, but not least they developed a new variation with a Survivor System stock to be legal in the near foreign country that is California.
The same Survivor System stock is employed for the Keymod SAINT, and now it is being utilized for the M-LOK model as well. The specs for the M-LOK SAINT do not drastically change from that of the original version. For those who are uninitiated to this rifle, the full specifications can be read below.
- Upper Receiver – Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Aluminum Flat Top, Forward Assist and M4 Feed Ramps
- Lower Receiver – Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Aluminum, Accu-Tite™ Tension System
- Barrel – 16″ Chrome Moly Vanadium, 1:8 RH Twist, Melonite®
- Gas System – Direct Impingement Mid-Length Gas System, Low-Profile Gas Block
- Trigger – Springfield Armory® Proprietary, Nickel Boron Coated GI
- Sights – SA Low Profile Flip-Up, Dual Aperture Rear – 1/2 MOA Windage Adj, Flip-Up Front – 1/2 MOA Elevation Adjustment
- Butt Stock & Pistol Grip – Survivor System Stock
- Handguard – M-Lok Aluminum SA Patent Pending Free Float w/ SA Locking Tabs
- Buffer Assembly – Carbine “H” Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Receiver Extension – Mil-Spec Carbine Receiver Extension, 7075 T6 Type III Hard Anodized Aluminum
- Bolt Carrier Group – M16 BCG w/ Carpenter 158 Steel Bolt, Shot Peened & Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Length/Weight – 35.5″ Fully Extended / 32.25″ Collapsed & 7 Lbs. 3 Oz.
- Extras – 1 – 30 Round Magpul PMAG Gen M3, Premium Hardshell Case, Cable Lock, Chamber Flag & Manual
The ability to store an extra magazine in the rear of the stock adds nice utility to the Survivor System platform while Cali residents continue their battle of magazines and bullet buttons. The MSRP of the SAINT M-LOK CA Compliant version is set at $1,135 compared to the $1,049 retail pricing of the standard model.