Surefire just announced a mini version of their SF Ryder 22 silencer.
- Caliber: .22 LR, 17 HMR, .22 WMR
- Length: 3.9″
- Weight: 4.0oz (113g)
- Diameter: 1.0” (2.5cm)
The original SF Ryder 22 is 5.4″ long and weighs 5.2oz.
The RYDER 22-MINI offers the same great benefits to that of the RYDER 22-S only now in a more compact, shorter overall length with minimal increase in sound attenuation. The 22-MINI features heat-treated stainless steel baffles that offer increased durability and is capable of handling pressures of 17 HMR and .22 WMR ammunition—even full-auto fire. These simple-to-maintain suppressors are easy to disassemble and clean, thanks to individually numbered and indexed baffles that provide quick, easy reassembly. A fluted aluminum body helps reduce weight. The stainless steel back section utilizes a 1/2 X 28 single-point-cut stainless steel thread that quickly and securely attaches to the host weapon.Features
- Patented pig-nose baffles provide superior sound attenuation
- Included spacers help reduce carbon buildup between baffles
- Baffles are numbered and indexed for easy re-assembly
- Rounded ends and fluted body design reduce weight with no sacrifice in strength
- Includes assembly/disassembly tool for easy baffle removal
- Heat-treated stainless steel baffles offer increased durability and can handle .22 LR, 17 HMR and .22 WMR ammo—even full-auto fire
They do not mention dB reduction so I am curious if it is as quiet as the regular Ryder. My experience is that shorter suppressors compromise noise reduction for the weight and size savings.
The SF Ryder 22 Mini retails for $399 compared to the full size at $469. I would have liked it if they made a modular can like the Tirant 9M or other suppressors that are modular and can change their length.
Check out the SF Ryder 22 Mini on Surefire’s website.