The 6.5 Creedmoor is truly steam-rolling the firearms industry with its recent popularity. More and more companies are chambering this hot caliber and ammunition manufacturers like Federal Premium are quick to follow suit. Federal Premium most recently added the 6.5 Creedmoor into their line of Trophy Copper ammunition.
This initial offering is a 120 Grain Trophy Copper load that retails for $47.95 per box of 20 rounds. Like all of the Trophy Copper ammunition, it provides superb accuracy for target shooters, but is also very useful in taking down game. Its light recoil and extremely high weight retention is exactly what hunters search for in a game load.
So what is it about Federal Premium’s Trophy Copper line of ammunition that sets itself apart from the hundreds of competitors out there?… Well, I will let Federal explain in their own words:
- 120-Grain 6.5 Creedmoor load offers Long-Range Accuracy, Manageable Recoil & Ample Power for Medium & Big Game
- Copper construction provides up to 99% Weight Retention for the Deepest Penetration in an Expanding Bullet
- Tipped Bullet Cavity is optimized for Expansion across a broad Velocity Range
- Grooved Bullet Shank for increased Accuracy across a wide range of Firearms
- Polymer Tip & Boat-Tail design increase the Ballistic Coefficient (B.C.) for higher Downrange Velocity, Energy & less Bullet Drop
Federal also has a pretty nifty video highlighting their ammunition that can be seen here.
So 6.5 Creedmoor is now available in another flavor for consumers to tempt their rifles with. The real question is… would you buy a box and “send it!”