HM Defense out of Ohio is announcing the release of their all new HM10 Monobloc rifle dubbed the AVENGER M308 … Yes, in all caps. For dramatic effect.
Basically, HM Defense scaled the HM15 Monobloc rifle up to accommodate the .308 Winchester or 7.62×51 cartridges to satisfy customer demand for a harder hitting rifle. While I am kind of poking fun at the name, the rifle does have a reasonably nice set of specs listed on the press release.
Below are the specs of the AVENGER M308:
- HM Monobloc TM .308 Win barrel, 4150 Chromolly steel, 18” length with treaded end,
- 1:10 twist ratio, rifle-length gas system
- HM 15” free float 1913 Picatinny rail with MAGPUL M-LOK mounting system
- HM custom designed billet 7075-T6 lower receiver
- Velocity 3 lb. AR trigger
- Stainless steel barrel nut
- HM custom CNC muzzle break
- HM light weight stock
- MAGPUL MOE Grip
- Custom charging handle
So what sets the AVENGER M308 apart from other DI .308 AR based rifles? A sub-MOA accuracy claim by the manufacturer for starters. The barrel also has an integral gas block that is purportedly designed to minimize recoil as well as give the rifle that previously mentioned sub-MOA accuracy.
So what will a rifle with these impressive specs run you? HM Defense says that the MSRP is $1,895 and will be available in three Cerikote colors: Black, Midnight Tungsten and Field Dark Earth. Check out the HM Defense website for more information.