The Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS (SM26015) is a special offering for Sightmark’s 10th year anniversary.
The Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS Carbon Fiber uses the same design as other M-Spec models, but comes with a good looking carbon fiber protective hood. To be honest I think this is more for looks than for any substantial weight savings, but carbon fiber does both very well.
Below: I think it’s safe to say that most Sightmark M-Specs will sit on an AR-15 Picatinny rail, but shotguns and up to .50 caliber rifles are OK as well according to the manufacturer.
Below: The body is made out of magnesium and the cover from carbon fiber.
The M-Spec is Night vision compatible with 6 settings.
The battery life is stated at 90-1000 hours, which is quite a huge span. The battery is one single 3 volt CR2.
The M-Spec features:
- Carbon fiber protective hood
- Parallax corrected lenses
- Wide field of view
- Scratch proof lenses
- Interlok internal locking system
- Variable reticle brightness with night vision modes
- Digital switch brightness controls
- Low power consumption
- IP68 Waterproof rating – submergible to 40ft.
- Cast magnesium alloy housing
- Motion sensing auto-on feature
- Advanced, true color anti-reflective lens coating improves low light and night vision performance
- Fixed mount design fits weaver and Picatinny rails
- Unlimited eye relief
The Elevation Range of Adjustment is 120 MOA.
The coating is called “AR red”. Not sure what that means in technical or optical terms, but it sounds cool. The window is made by glass.
The reticle brightness settings are Off,1 to 8 and for Night Vision NV1-NV6.
Below you can see the reticle, a 65 MOA Circle Dot Crosshair. In reality it’s a 60 MOA circle with a 5 MOA subtension, 2 MOA central dot.
You also get a neoprene cover and adjustment tools with your sight. The M-Spec Carbon Fiber is priced around 300 USD.