Daniel Defense recently introduced the DD5V2 at SHOT 2017. That original model came equipped with a 15″ free-float Keymod handguard. The newest installment, the DD5V2 M-LOK, is essentially the same rifle, but now gives the consumer the ever-popular choice of M-LOK attachments.
The DD5V1 likewise used a 15″ Picatinny-top, Keymod rail and has been upgraded to the slightly more popular M-LOK style. Daniel Defense released this press statement to usher in these new variants of the DD5V1 and DD5V2.
Surprisingly, all four models, the DD5V1, DD5V2, DD5V1 M-LOK and DD5V2 M-LOK have the same MSRP of $3,044. Handguards with M-LOK attachments might be the most popular and sought after at the moment, but for Daniel Defense, to fabricate them it costs all the same.
Aside from the introduction of the 15″ MFR XS rails featuring M-LOK, the DD5V1 and DD5V2 rifles remain the same in all other aspects. The Daniel Defense rundown on specs is as such:
- 18″ Strength-2-Weight Cold Hammer Forged Barrel for Optimal Stiffness/Weight Ratio, improving Accuracy & Handling
- Innovative 4-Bolt Connection System utilizing a unique Barrel Extension securely attaches the Free-Floating CHF Barrel & the M-LOK Handguard mounts securely to Upper w/o Barrel Nut
- Bolt & Carrier designed w/ Oversized Cam Pin, Enhanced Extractor Geometry & Dual Ejectors
- Ambidextrous Safety Selector, Magazine Catch, Bolt Release & Configurable Modular Charging Handle
- Lower Receiver features Integral Oversized Trigger Guard & Flared Magazine Well for SR-25 type Magazines
- Geissele SSA 2-Stage Trigger w/ its Smooth 2.5 Lb take-up & Clean 2 Lb break
All four mentioned models, both M-LOK and Keymod versions, are available for order from Daniel Defense. At the moment, Daniel Defense has not stated they will discontinue or produce less rifles of the Keymod variant.