The Kampfschwimmers are a post war amphibious warefare group. They are frogmen of the Navy.
These minimum requirements must be fulfilled by all candidates, to become certified for training:
- Applicants must be German citizens in the sense of the article 116 of the Grundgesetz (Constitution).
- They must be at least 17 years old and less than 25 years old.
- Realschulabschluss or Abitur, with favorable exam passes.
- 1000m swim in less than 23 minutes
- 5000m run in less than 24 minutes
- 30m distance swim underwater without equipment
- Stay underwater without breathing for at least 60 seconds
- Sport test with at least 20 points; at least 3 points for each exercise
- Must be an active duty soldier who has served at least 6 months. After training, one must enlist for four years.
- Diving fitness is examined by the Schifffahrtsmedizinisches Institut (naval medical institute) of the navy.
- Parachute jump fitness is examined by the same institute.
In the photo above they are mostly all using MP5s with SureFire lighted handguards. Except for the guy in the middle with what looks like an MP5SD and a scope.