Install a Buffer Tube With the Right Tools – TFB Modification Minute

Patrick R
by Patrick R

You know that awesome stock you have been eyeing? That one that only comes in Mil-Spec diameter, but your rifle has a commercial diameter buffer tube? This week’s Modification Minute tackles that very problem by replacing the factory commercial buffer tube with a high-quality Brownells Mil-Spec buffer tube. Enjoy!

Please support our sponsor Brownells. Products in this video:

Brownells Mil-Spec Buffer Tube – $25.99

Magpul Armorer’s Wrench – $75.95

Bravo Company QD End Plate – $16.99

Geissele Reaction Block – $99.00

Starrett 5/32″ Center Punch – $8.99

Brownells Oxpho-Blue – $9.99

Patrick R
Patrick R

More by Patrick R

Join the conversation
2 of 54 comments
  • David G David G on May 15, 2017

    Sorry, I already sold all of my guns per your advice Patrick. No mil-spec or commercial buffer tubes to swap here.

  • JJ JJ on May 27, 2017

    No criticism on staking the end plate/castle nut, as it makes sense on a hard use item. I just wonder how many folks building their own do that. I have on a few over time but for the most part just tighten it and forget it. In almost 3 decades of working on these, I've never had a castle nut come loose either. I've seen with or without staking from company built ones. Who stakes, who doesn't and why?