A gun that was simply given away as a prize throughout the “Duel 3” sweepstakes back in 2015 has finally become available to the public. The Springfield Armory Master Class Silent Operator fills a void in the Springfield 1911 line-up since no stock models have threaded barrels. It also tips the scale on the tacti-cool factor (yup, I said it), and the price tag tips the scale as well.
This is a gun that comes straight from the Springfield Armory Custom Shop at an MSRP of $2,195. I am not saying the gun does not have that kind of value, you can decide for yourself, but few consumers can swallow that price tag.
- Custom Fit Slide w/ Front Cocking Serrations to a National Match Frame w Light Rail
- Master Class Threaded & Extended Barrel; .578-28 T.P.I. w/ Thread Protector
- Springfield Custom™ Tool Steel components w/ a 4.5 lb. Action Job
- Springfield Armory 2nd Generation Speed Trigger
- Master Class Stainless Steel Barrel Bushing
- Springfield Custom™ New Suppressor Height Night Sights
- Springfield Armory Extended Thumb Safety
- Springfield Armory Beavertail Grip Safety
- Precision 25 L.P.I. Checkering Front Strap & Mainspring Housing
- Techwell Magwell w/ G-10 Grips
- Unique Master Class Markings
- Flat Dark Earth or Black Nitride Finish
- 2 Magazines (7+1)
That is definitely a grocery list of premium features packed into one pistol. For many, the threaded barrel will be one of the best features of this 1911 since its a first for Springfield Armory. Even with atrocious wait times silencers are still very popular and the Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (HPA) could pass very soon.
If this pistol looks like the bee’s knees to you, and you absolutely have to have one, keep in mind it is a Springfield Armory Custom Shop gun. There are some already in circulation on the world wide web, but it is highly unlikely to see one sitting in your neighborhood gun shop.