TROY Defense has produced a series of carbines called the Special Operations Compatible Carbines (SOCC) for 2017. The new SOCC carbine family offer 7.5″, 10.5″, and 14.5″ barrel configurations, with several familiar and several brand new Troy accessories. The new carbines are specifically marketed to military and law enforcement CQB applications as Short Barreled Rifles (SBR), but could easily be adapted to civilian use as well.
The three new TROY SOCC carbines are called the PDW (7.5″ barrel); SOCC CQB (10.5″ barrel); and SOCC Carbine (14.5″ barrel). The original SOCC configuration will be in 5.56mm NATO; however, TROY has already announced that all SOCC firearms will be available in .300 BLK and 7.62x51mm chambered versions as well.
The new SOCC carbines will feature fully adjustable TROY Tomahawk™ or the new TROY Airborne stocks. These stocks use dual guide rails extending rearward from the lower receiver and provide much greater support than a standard buffer tube. In addition, the new SOCC Airborne stock provides the user the option of 4-position length of pull adjustments or a rapid deployment feature that by-passes the 4-positions and will move the stock from collapsed to fully extended or vise versa with one pull/push.
New TROY SOCC front and rear BattleSights™ come in a low profile flip-up design. The new TROY SOCC BattleRail® is free-floated and comes with a full-length Picatinny upper rail, with full length M-Lok style attachment points on both sides and the bottom. A standard TROY control pistol grip finishes out the SOCC carbine packages.
TROY SOCC Carbine Features
- TROY Tomahawk™ Short Stock (PDW)
- TROY Tomahawk™ Standard Stock (SOCC CQB)
- New TROY Airborne Stock (Carbine)
- New SOCC Front/Rear Folding BattleSights™ (All Models)
- New SOCC Ambidextrous Safety Selector (All Models)
- New SOCC (7.2″) PDW BattleRail® for the PDW
- New SOCC MK18 BattleRail® for SOCC CQB
- New SOCC (12.5″) BattleRail® for SOCC Carbine
- TROY Extended Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- Geissele® G2s Trigger
- TROY Claymore® Muzzle Break (PDW)
- TROY 3-prong Flash Hider with Suppressor Mount (SOCC CQB and Carbine).
NOTE: TROY Show placards and printed material were slightly different. The SHOT Show placards showed the PDW having a SOCC76 BattleRail®, the CQB having a SOCC105 BattleRail®, and the Carbine having a SOCC125 BattleRail®. The information above is directly from TROY’s SOCC printed literature provided on the Show floor.
TROY SOCC Carbine Specifications
- Upper Receiver Material: Aluminum
- Lower Receiver Material: Aluminum
- PDW Lengths: 21.0 inches (collapsed); 25.75 inches (extended)
- SOCC CQB Lengths: 25.0 inches (collapsed); 29.5 inches (extended)
- SOCC Carbine Lengths: 29.0 inches collapsed; 33.5 inches (extended)
- Barrel Length Options: 7.5 inches, 10.5 inches, or 14.5 inches
- MSRP: $1599.00 for either 5.56mm NATO option.
Troy SOCC carbines are specifically designed to be “ultra-compact, lightweight, and concealable.” For professional applications the compact size would make a perfect option for CQB work, as well as transportation in confined armored or standard vehicles. In addition, those assigned to personal protection details would benefit from the concealable configurations SOCC carbines provide. In the civilian market, users could benefit from the SOCC configurations for competitions, recreational shooting, or even hunting.