Hot on the heels of launching… an entire line of electo-optics, Sig Sauer has announced the release of yet another electro-optic. But, before one rolls their eyes at yet another “me too” product, Sig really has been working to add some innovation to their offerings. The latest TANGO6 options added LevelPlex, and Sig’s micro-dot system was just adopted by the FBI.
Expanding the eyebox a bit, the new ROMEO6 series of optics is based on a 30mm tube – taking aim at Aimpoint’s M1 and M2 line of offerings. Rather than stick with just a plain dot (or even one that changes colors), Sig again looks to blend the well-liked EOTech 65 MOA circle with various dot configurations, offering two options of concept, the Circle-Dot and the Circle-Plex.
The two are similar offerings, with the Circle-Plex “allows to select between a 2 MOA Dot, a 2 MOA Dot with Ballistic Holds, a 2 MOA/65 MOA Circle-Dot or a 2 MOA/65 MOA Circle-Dot with Ballistic Holds. The ballistic hold-over aiming points subtend for 556 NATO and 7.62x51mm NATO rounds. The Ballistic Circle-Plex reticle offers the same Quad reticle functionality, but the 2 MOA Dot is replaced with a plex type reticle which has a 1 MOA Dot central aiming feature for precision mid to long range shooting, optimized for use with magnifiers such as the soon to be released SIG Sauer JULIET4 4X magnifier.”
The ROMEO6 will be offered further in two variants, the “H” and “T” models. The H functions solely off of battery power, versus the T which includes a 9 hour solar-power back-up via “super capacitors”. The T is further “Mil-Spec” rated for 810 G (environmental testing) and has an upgraded 7075 aluminum housing. Both feature MOTAC motion-activated LED shut-off and instant turn-on and Sig’s “Infinite Guarantee”.
Features from Sig Sauer:
- · ROMEO6T features a solar panel with two super capacitors that provide up to 9 hours of battery-free life (battery backup).
- · Ruggedized 1.53-inch mounting system.
- · Ballistic Circle-Dot and Ballistic Circle-Plex reticle options.
- · Unlimited eye-relief allows you to acquire the aiming point and target regardless of the position of your eye behind the sight.
- · Ultra-efficient red LED illumination system for daylight visibility with extended runtime and mil-spec objective coating to limit downrange light leakage in tactical situations.
- · MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not, providing optimum operational safety and enhanced battery life.
- · ROMEO6T features 7075 aluminum housing for a lifetime of reliable service.
- · Dependable waterproofing (ROMEO6T is IPX8 ROMEO6H is IPX7) and fog-proof performance.
- 4 user selectable reticles to toggle on every Romeo
- Assembled in USA
- · ROMEO6T is 810G Mil Spec
- · MSRP: ROMEO6H – $539.99 and ROMEO6T – $719.99