Midwest Industries has designed and built a 17.5″ hand guard around their MB4 muzzle break. Using a cutout section where the break’s blast is driected, the MI rail extends out to nearly the end of the muzzle device for a clean look. The rail also provides nn extra two inches of sight radius, should you decide to use iron sights.
Other than the unique aesthetics, I am having difficulty finding an advantage to burying a muzzle break inside a rail. Even though the risk is small, the fact remains that an overly aggressive c-clamp support hand grip could put fingers in the path of the break’s redirected blast. However, MI isn’t new to the AR accessory game, so I’m guessing both engineers and beta testers weighed both the risks and rewards when inserting a muzzle device under a rail.
Still, purchasing a hand stop might be cheap finger insurance.
- Professional grade, one piece free float design and construction
- Simple installation
- Super lightweight
- 17.5″ model weighs only 12.4oz with barrel nut
- Super slim 1.5 inch outside diameter
- Seven sides of Magpul® M-LOK™ slots
- One five slot Magpul® M-LOK™ Polymer Rail Section included
- Proprietary barrel nut and barrel nut wrench included
- Patented Torque Plate System US Patent Number 9,453,694
- Five anti-rotation QD sling swivel sockets
- High quality MIL-STD 1913 top rail
- Rugged construction from 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service
- Fully dehorned for a non-abrasive, comfortable feel
- 100% Made in America – Keeps America Working
- MI Lifetime Warranty
This handguard is made for the MI-MB4 muzzle brake. Use of a brake with out side ports may damage the handguard and void your warranty.