A quality holster choice can be just as important as the initial process of picking an individual’s handgun. As such, everyone’s needs, situations and environment are unique enough to support a very healthy holster industry. An industry that has seen dramatic growth in technology, materials and options in the last five years alone. Along with all the big contenders, several “boutique” operations have opened up allowing end users a wide selection of high-quality holsters for every day carry. Based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Harry’s Holsters is one of those new companies making solid products at affordable prices.
If you are a regular reader of TFB, you may recognize the name: ‘Harry’s Holsters’ is a frequent poster in the comments section here. Don’t worry, he didn’t twist my arm to write a story – in fact it was my idea. Much like the ‘Suppressor Spotlight’ series I like to write here at TFB, I wanted to highlight the work being done by smal businesses with even smaller advertising budgets.
“This company was started to fill an unaddressed need. Working in an office, I realized the holster that I wanted didn’t exist,” said owner Harrison Jones. “I nended to carry a defensive gun in a way that allowed for quick employment while wearing a tucked-in shirt or a tailored suit.” Jones started small, making holsters only for family and friends. A few months later, he’s making 30+ holsters a week with a burgeoning e-commerce site and an impressive social media following.
“The Insider, our current production model, is a unique Kydex shell with a set of hole patterns and features that allow for several attachments and multiple optimized configurations,” said Jones. “This allows the user to adapt their holster to fit their needs.”
View this post on Instagram
First successful mold on my @henryholsters #Swiftpress. Works great. Just need to get the molds dialed in. Should have product on my site ready to ship next week. One holster we're working is great for women or men who switch from on to off body carry. The deep concealment holster is still at least a month out. #thermoforming #kydex #glock #glock42 #guns #gun #gunsdaily #gunporn #pistol #9mm #igmilitia #pewpew #pewpewlife #gunlife #weapons #CCW #EDC #carrygun #2A #freedom #selfdefense #handgun #sickguns #dailybadass #gunchannels #everybladeofgrass #glockfanatics #gunsbadassery #tacticalcarry
Harry’s Holsters Features:
- Taco Style Holster for the base
- Accept Fomi Clip at 0 or 15 degree cant
- Custom Pattern for UltiClip3 with 0, 10 and 15 degree positive and negative cants
- Raven Concealment OverHook or strut attachable at the UltiClip3 pattern and at the adjustable retention point
- Retention pattern accept claw for better concealment in the AIWB carry position
- 1/8inch standoff for hardware
- 2 points of adjustable retention
- OverHook or Strut and Soft Loop can be added added at the retention point
- Sweat guard making the it easier and safer to re-holster the weapon
- Open Bottom Design to allow debris to fall through
- Proper hardware standoff for long term durability
- Molds enlarged to fit a Glock 26 properly
- Vacuum formed for enhanced definition
- Works the “The Tucker” foam wedge
- The comes with retention hardware and a quick clip. You can add other hardware as options.
- FOMI style clips
- RCS Claw
- Soft Loops
- RCS Overhook
- Strut and Overhook
- Strut and Soft Loop
The next time you are in the market for a new holster, swing by the ‘HH’ online market place or social media outlets and take a look, Maybe you’ll find an option just right for you.