The 12 gauge shotgun is semi-automatic with a piston system that is said to run a wide variety of loads reliably. A side benefit to the system is a reduction of recoil. The system uses a progressive braking system in the piston which means that heavier loads have more recoil reduction than lighter loads.
Fabarm claims the system makes the XLR5 Waterfowler the fastest cycling semi-automatic hunting shotgun on the market. The company states five rounds can be fired in just 0.31 seconds.
Some of the features on this new gun include:
- tapered barrel for decreased recoil and tighter patterns
- Kryptek camo pattern with a Soft Touch ruberised finish on the stock
- an oversized trigger guard that makes it easy to use with thick winter gloves
- red fiber optic front sight on top of a tall rib for improved “heads up” sight picture
- EXIS DK choke system that is specially made for hard, steel shot
- competition-type bolt handle for easy manipulation and reduced hand slipage
- chrome, nickel and PVD coatings throughout the gun help with corrosion resistance
The pricing starts at $1,650 for these shotguns.