Sometimes one must shake their head in simultaneous wonder and amusement. This is one of those times. Developed, designed, and manufactured in Australia, The Platatac ASAD Modular Dump Pouch is an interesting take on the common dump pouch, designed to interface with carriers and be mounted in an unusual place – as a groin protector (with optional soft armor).
The Modular Dump Pouch is just that, modular. The inside of the pouch is lined with PALS webbing to mount sub-loads. Like most modern offerings, it features a roll-up capability and quick deployment and has stiffening material inside the pouch to keep the mouth open. The pouch is lined at the bottom with mesh for drainage and can be cinched shut.
Interestingly, the pouch is hook and loop (Velcro) attachment to an armor system, which they interfaces with Platatac’s various offerings.
Detailed specs from Platatac:
- 260mm H x 240mm W x 110-160mm D
- Weight: 160 grams
- Hook and loop sandwich mounting to work with platforms such as our CHICOM Platforms, SMAC, ASAD, APC and other compatible Plate Carriers
- Pull-tab quick release system
- Cinch cord with barrel lock, hard plastic stiffener to aid in pouch mouth ‘pop’, cinch cord can be held out of the way via loop tab.
- Gusseted front panel for extra room
- Accepts soft armour in inside zippered pouch or pouch can be used as admin for cyalume, shotty shells, notebook etc.
- Can be used as a respirator pouch, water bottles, mags etc.
- Mesh panels in bottom to drain water for ship under way or Amphib ops.
- 2 rows, 4 columns of PALS internally for extra pouches, 40mm, distractions or mag pouches.
- 500 Denier Tactical Nylon
- Available in Multicam and Black
Pricing is set at $99 (Australian). You can order directly from them, if your nuts need modular protection.