Newtown Firearms announced the company is now selling a drop in replacement for the direct impingement AR-15 bolt carrier group. The NFM Elite Bolt Carrier Group is fluted and comes in one of two different finishes.
Exterior fluting is said to reduce the weight of the BCG plus help prevent debris from gumming up the unit’s movement. Newtown Firearms is offering these units with one of two different standard finishes: Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) and Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD). Both finishes are supposed to reduce friction and wear in the system.
According to the company, the new BCG offers:
- Direct drop-in replacement
- Fluted front to back for weight reduction / debris disbursement
- Available in DLC or PVD coatings
- 0.01 coefficient of friction
- Hardness rated at 3000 Vickers
- Withstands temperatures up to 1,100°F
- Coating is 2-3 microns thick
- Additional coating colors are available
The MSRP is $249.99.