Bravo Company Machining has introduced a new lightweight adjustable stock for the AR-15, called the BCM Gunfighter Stock Mod 0. From The Tactical Wire:
The next step in performance carbine stocks. Its been in development for over a year and being released today by Bravo Company.
The BCMGUNFIGHTER Stock Mod 0.
The strongest light weight polymer stock for your mil-spec receiver extension is here!
• New patent pending latch reinvents the stocks interface with a mil-spec receiver extension providing user with superior strength when dropped or mortaring malfunction clearance drills.
• Snag free Design. No sharp edges prevent tangling of rifle with shooters sling, molle gear, or other kit.
• Modular VBOST (Vehicle Borne Operations Sling Tab) – This tab interfaces with the shooters riggers band or bungee to secure the shooters sling against the stock when carbine is not in use. Most common application when operating inside a vehicle.
• 2 different types of ambidextrous sling mounting options including QD swivel sockets.
• Integrated color matched rubber butt pad for secure placement in shoulders along with increased durability.
• Simple modular design. 5 parts and 1 screw allow for modular adaption of future stock options and configurations.
• Available in Black, Flat Dark Earth, Foliage Green, and Wolf Gray.
Weighing in just over 7 ounces, the BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Stock is the toughest lightweight polymer stock for Mil-Spec receivers being made today. The Stock is designed slick, to prevent potential tangling with the end-user’s sling, pouches, webbing or other other gear and is designed with only five parts and one screw. Finally, each Stock is capped with a integrated, color matched rubber butt pad for secure placement in the shoulder pocket as well as increased overall durability.
Featuring a new patent pending latch, the BCMGUNFIGHTER Stock reinvents the stock interface with a Mil-Spec buffer tube delivering both a precise engagement and a stock specifically engineered to dissipate impact stress through the assembly.
The precision fit latch, made from heat-treated ordance grade steel, is flat on all sides to ensure the Stock interface with the receiver extension cannot be obstructed by dirt or debris. Its unique geometry also provides increased torsional strength and eliminates the stress-riser found on conventional rounded pins.
– See more at: http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/330870#sthash.Y2uHyOXb.dpuf
The Mod 0 seems like an interesting option for a “practical ultralight” build. I find it more aesthetically attractive than an OEM carbine stock, as well.