Aero Precision has released their long-awaited .308 receivers. The receivers are DPMS (Gen 1)-patterned. Both receivers are machined from forged 7075 t6 aluminum and then mil-spec anodized.
The upper receiver is notably beefy and has a recessed cut-out for the bolt release. No extra material has been removed for popular “levers” (much to my chagrin). Uppers are available for $135 (stripped) and $155 (assembled).
The lower receiver comes pre-threaded for both the bolt release pin and the pin detent hole. Further, it has a integrated enlarged trigger guard and accepts short-throw safety/selectors. The lower is available for $185 and does not currently have an assembled or completed option. A full kit with both receivers is also available for $288 for the bare upper and $306 for the assembled upper (forward assist and dust cover installed).
Upper Receiver Features:
- Forged from 7075 T6 aluminum
- Precision machined to our specs
- M4 feedramps
- Matte black hard coat anodized Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
- .2795” takedown pin holes (DPMS size)
- Laser engraved T-marks
- Accepts standard .308 components
- Works with DPMS high profile handguards
- Assembled upper comes with forward assist and port door installed
Lower Receiver Features:
- Semi-auto M5 (.308) lower receiver (DPMS cut)
- Machined from 7075-T6 forged aluminum
- Matte black hard-coat anodized Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
- Marked “Cal Multi”
- Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Bolt catch is threaded for a screw pin (no roll pin needed)
- Integrated trigger guard
- Selector markings will work with 45, 60 or 90 degree safety selectors
- Accepts Battle Arms Development short throw safety selectors, but will work with any standard selector