80% AR-15 Polymer Lowers From Polymer80

Ray I.
by Ray I.

The market for 80% complete AR-15 lowers has been booming, especially on crowdfunding sites like RocketHub. It’s no surprise that companies are selling as many 80% lowers as they can pump out, they have no serial numbers and as such are not considered to be firearms in the eyes of the ATF. The only downside is you have to complete the additional 20% to turn it into a functional lower receiver. Pretty much all of the 80% AR lowers on the market are metal, usually aluminum. Well I recently stumbled upon Polymer80 while shopping for an 80% lower to add to my collection, and as their name suggest their 80% AR lowers are made out of polymer. They’re currently not in production but Polymer80 is taking pre-orders and claims they’ll start full production later in June. Their 80% complete lowers are going for a pre-sale price of $70 and $15 for a lower receiver jig to help you complete the remaining 20% that needs to be cut and milled.

Check Current Prices

At Polymer80, we’ve designed an AR15 80% lower receiver with superior quality:
American made!
Uncompromising material, fit and finish
Strength and durability
Light weight and functional, with the latest lower receiver design advances
This lower receiver is the foundation of a light-weight, yet rugged AR15 that you’ll be proud of.

Key Features:
Beefed up, expanded and angled mag well for swift mag insertion
Winter trigger guard
Superior polymer material, extremely rigid with high tensile strength
Thickened ribbing across the top of the entire receiver, battle tough design
Strengthened pistol grip threads – over-molded metal threads
Jig design makes it possible for the gun enthusiast to build a quality gun with assurance
Lifetime warranty, period!


We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.
Ray I.
Ray I.

Long time gun enthusiast, Sci-Fi nerd, Whiskey drinker, online marketer and blogger. My daily firearms musings can be found over at my gun blog ArmoryBlog.com and Instagram.Shoot me an email at ray.i@staff.thefirearmblog.com

More by Ray I.

Comments
Join the conversation
3 of 46 comments
  • Don Don on Feb 18, 2014

    If Poly80 would send me one I would do a side by side build and review. EP completed and it was a pain in my a$$

  • Jay Rock Jay Rock on Apr 08, 2014

    Polymer equals FAIL.

    • Me ohmy Me ohmy on Jul 14, 2014

      @Jay Rock really?
      glock, fn, beretta, colt, smith and wesson are using polymer... have THEY failed so far?

Next