New for 2008 Weatherby’s Newest Side-by-Side Shotgun: Orion D’Italia SBS:
- Weatherby’s “flying W” engraved on the triggerguard.
- Gold trigger.
- Engraved silver frame.
- Barrels with automatic ejectors to discharge only spent shells when the receiver is opened.
- Three interchangeable chokes for tailoring choke patterns to shooting needs and various field situations.
- Three-inch chamber for both the 12- and 20-gauge models.
- Rubber recoil pad.
Weatherby introduces the OrionÂ® D’Italia SBS, a new side-by-side shotgun designed to provide Italian quality and craftsmanship at an extraordinary value for wingshooting enthusiasts.
Manufactured in partnership with Fausti Stefano Arms of Italy, the Orion D’Italia SBS offers two features preferred by many American shotgunners: a pistol grip (Prince of Wales half-round pistol grip design) and single trigger.
“The Orion D’Italia SBS offers all the handling and quick-pointing benefits of an English-style stock but has the look and feel of a pistol grip,” said Brad Ruddell, Weatherby”s vice president of sales and marketing. “American shotgunners like the pistol grip because it gives them more to hang on to, as compared to a traditional English straight-grip stock. They are also more accustomed to a single trigger. In addition, the Orion D&’Italia SBS sports classic Italian side-by-side styling and craftsmanship, and delivers superior performance based on modern production techniques. It truly is a great value, rivaling side-by-sides that cost much more.”
The Orion D”Italia SBS is available in 12- and 20-gauge models.
Other key features include a stock fashioned from Turkish walnut in a gloss finish, embellished with fineline laser point checkering at 20 lines per inch.
The time-tested Anson and Deeley action is cut from a solid block of alloy steel, hardened and chromed with a coin finish. A Purdey double locking system (box-lock mechanism) is designed to provide precise interlocking alignment of the barrels to the action, which is engraved with a handsome floral design and game scene.
Specifications for the Orion D’Italia SBS also include:
* Weatherby’s “flying W” engraved on the triggerguard.
* Gold trigger.
* Engraved silver frame.
* Barrels with automatic ejectors to discharge only spent shells when the receiver is opened.
* Three interchangeable chokes for tailoring choke patterns to shooting needs and various field situations.
* Three-inch chamber for both the 12- and 20-gauge models.
* Rubber recoil pad.
Suggested retail price is $2,099 for each model.
For more information contact a local Weatherby dealer or Weatherby, Inc., 1605 Commerce Way, Paso Robles, Calif. 93446; (805) 227-2600. Or, visit www.weatherby.com.