Mossberg sent me a press release saying that they are now sponsoring Jerry Miculek. I was intrigued to see that he is using a Mossberg 930 fitted with the gigantic Mossberg Roadblocker muzzlebrake.
This new video from Magpul Dynamics looks great. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. [Hat Tip: Everyday No Day Off]
Keystone Sporting Arms, the makers of the Cricket series of rifles, have introduced the Model 10 bolt action 20 gauge shotgun. It is available with either a rifled or smoothbore barrel. The magazine holds two 2.75″ 20 gauge shells (2+1 capacity). A youth model [Read More…]
K_Var is selling Arsenal Inc’s SGL12-03 Saiga 12 Shotgun with a nifty quad rail fore-end. You can watch a video of it in action here. [ Many thanks to Robert for emailing me the link. ]
[ Y-Man, TFB’s resident Nigerian shotgunner, continues his series of guest articles about his quest to build the perfect shotgun. Being one of the lucky few in Africa to legally own a gun, he has to fabricate many parts and ammunition himself because supplies of [Read More…]
Federal’s new Prairie Storm ammunition features a mixture of shot. 70% of the shot is copper-plated lead and the remaining 30% consists of “FLITESTOPPER” nickel-plated lead. Federal says that the mix produces good patterns. The FLITESTOPPER shot [Read More…]
A patent has been granted for the design of a toy double barrel shotgun which produces smoke when the cartridges are ejected. The idea of giving a child a toy that produces smoke by heating oil does not appeal to me!
Remington has teamed up with the NRA’s Law Enforcement Activities Division (LEAD) to produce a special edition of the Remington 870 Police to commemorate the 50 years of NRA-LEAD’s service to Law Enforcement. For every one sold, a donation will be made to the [Read More…]
William gave his M6 survival .22 / .410 rifle / shotgun a tactical makeover. The original M6 was a military weapon so the above gun is really just taking it back to its roots
Winchester Super X3 Shotgun will now be available in 20 gauge. It will be available in the 26″ and 28″ Walnut Field SX3 model. The MSRP is $1199.
Old Painless, who runs the famous Box O’ Truth website, has written a lengthly post on AR-15.com about the process he went through restoring an old shotgun. His post includes lots of photos. Old Painless uses fine steel wool and WD-40 to remove rust. I personally [Read More…]
My guess is that this is one of the Chinese clones of the Remington 870. They make them with and without magazines. The stock is a Blackhawk Knoxx recoil-reducing stock. The magazine allows a shorter barrel without sacrificing ammunition capacity. I think a broomstick [Read More…]
The Kushnapup, a bullpup stock for Saiga-12 shotgun, has been updated since I first blogged about it. The new model has the requisite amount of 922R parts and sports a much sleeker design. The stock is compatible with MD-20 drum magazines and with the Ultimak gas [Read More…]
Cheaper Than Dirt has posted a lot of info on Remington VersaMax’s shotgun system. In my previous post about the new gas system some readers suggested it may be hard to clean. After thinking it over, I don’t think it will need any cleaning at all. The gas [Read More…]
Remington’s upcoming VERSA MAX shotgun features a new self-regulating gas system called Versaport. Versaport works simply enough: multiple gas ports are so far forward that a 3.5″ shell will block most of them, a 3″ will block some and a 2.75″ [Read More…]
This weekend Beretta announced the new “Light” version of the Beretta A400 Xplor. According to Shooting Wire, they shaved 1/3 of a pound off the standard model bringing the weight down to 6.28 lbs. The Xplor Light will retail for $1,500 and be available in [Read More…]
Gun Nuts Media is hosting a charity auction for the Honored American Veterans Afield. The current gun on auction is a Mossberg 590A1 Special Purpose Shotgun. View the auction on Gun Broker.
Two Russian firms, PMG LLC and PROline, have developed a 10 round drum magazine1 for the Saiga-12 shotgun. The SD-10 looks pretty nifty. It is slightly shorter than than standard 5 round magazine while holding twice the capacity. The final product will be made of black [Read More…]